Diesel Place banner

codes since egr delete, exhaust, and tuner

14K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  onearmdbanditt 
#1 ·
hey guys new to the diesel world and love it but having a few problems with some codes.. bought the truck in February from an older man who had it for a good period time using it as a farm vehicle. The truck started throwing codes p0101, p0540, p0405, and p0113. When I first got it threw a glow plug code but I cleared it and haven't seen it again that was before the tuner (bullydog triple dog), exhaust (5" turbo back flo pro), egr delete (sinister). I replaced the maf cleared it and the code came back. also put a new k&n air filter on it. thanks in advance

#2 · (Edited)
Can you please fill out your sig so we know what vehicle you have...., thanks

P0101** Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Range/Performance Problem
P0101 Trouble Code - Mass Air Flow (MAF) Circuit Range/Performance Problem

P0540 ???

P0405** Exhaust Gas Recirculation Sensor A Circuit Low
Potential causes of a P0405 code include: Short to ground in EGR signal or Reference circuits Short to voltage in EGR ground or signal circuits Bad EGR valve Bad PCM wiring issues due to chafing or loose terminals

P0113** Intake Air Temperature Circuit High Input
A code P0113 may mean that one or more of the following has happened: Internally failed IAT sensor Faulty connection at IAT sensor Open in IAT ground circuit or signal circuit Short to voltage in IAT signal circuit or reference circuit IAT harness and/or wiring routed too close to high-voltage wiring (e.g. alternator, spark plug cables, etc.) Faulty PCM (less likely but not impossible)

#3 ·
still trying to figure out how lol.. new to the forum but is a 2006 2500hd crew 4x4 only mods are stated above^^

#4 · (Edited)
It sounds like you need a tuner that takes care of the issues that were created when the intake heater, EGR valve, etc were removed.

This is where good custom tuning comes into play ;)

Reactions: Hey Pap
#7 ·
Kennedy Custom

#8 ·
thanks for the reply I understand you are trying to push the products you sell but by saying "kennedy custom" I don't understand how that would clear a code.. are you saying that a tuner from yall would clear them or just the egr code p0405

#9 ·
Call John and talk to him on the phone. You are dealing with emission stuff, better to talk to him on the phone.

#10 ·
#11 ·
I had read that. what plumping changes do I need to make? the egr has been removed. and with the efi live from yall it will reprogram the ecm as needed? does that mean I am currently running in some form of limp mode?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.