LBZ: Lacks power, revs up and goes nowhere. - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (0) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Duramax Third Generation: 2006-2007.5 (LBZ & LLY)
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2013, 08:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dmax1989
Diesel Master

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Alberta Coal Rollers Member

Lacks power, revs up and goes nowhere.

Just wondering if I actually have a issue or not? When i go to pass someone on the highway, the truck feels like its doggin it. Even up to 3000rpm its pretty pathetic. I have about 50% left on the life for the fuel filter, im running howes diesel treat every tank, ppe on level 2, air filter is alittle grungy but nothing plugged up. Any thoughts? I was thinking maybe the torque converter was slipping?
2006 gmc sierra 2500hd ccsb, loaded except dvd, PPE standard set on lvl 2, banks ram air intake, magnaflow downpipe, Autometer Cobalt boost & pyro, 4" exhaust, lml drivers side exhaust manifold, riveted headgaskets, ppe fprv shim, egr deleted, iron cross bumper w/ rigid industries dually led's, MA pump rub kit, MA tie rod sleeves, Allison deep tranny pan, 285/75/16 goodyear duratracs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2013, 09:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
TSBowman
Diesel Technician

Lacks power, revs up and goes nowhere.

Mine was doing the same thing recently. all it took was a fuel filter change(My remaining filter life was at 50%)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
2005 LLY CrewCab Dually 4x4 Flatbed(Bradford Built), updated tow mirrors w/ amber leds (marker and turn signals), Escalade paint matched handles, updated badges, Merchant Automotive Pump Rub Fix, PCV Reroute, Edge Insight CTS w/ egt probe, 4" Exhaust, AFE Intake and Mouthpiece w/ Banks Superscoop, updated drivers side exhaust manifold, ProFab 3" downpipe, Kennedy (twin) lift pumps pushing through Cat 10 micron W.S. & 2 micron filters, EFI live by "Idaho" Rob, Engineers Aux. radiator w/ H.O. fan. 10/2/2013 200,000 miles and rolling
Online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dmax1989
Diesel Master

Ok ill give it a try, i must be getting some bad fuel from the station. Im running a racor filter right now so it must be filtering better than the oem one!
2006 gmc sierra 2500hd ccsb, loaded except dvd, PPE standard set on lvl 2, banks ram air intake, magnaflow downpipe, Autometer Cobalt boost & pyro, 4" exhaust, lml drivers side exhaust manifold, riveted headgaskets, ppe fprv shim, egr deleted, iron cross bumper w/ rigid industries dually led's, MA pump rub kit, MA tie rod sleeves, Allison deep tranny pan, 285/75/16 goodyear duratracs
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
skmct
Diesel Technician

As I under stand it the fuel filter life indicator is based on mileage only. So if you got some crappy fuel somewhere it has no way of knowing. Cut the filter open have you change it and have a look see.
Boost & EGT gages
1930 Ford Victoria ( HOT ROD)
1964 Impala SS conv. 327/4 on the floor
Old 02-03-2013, 08:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Dmax1989
Diesel Master

Ill do that tomorrow and post some pictures. I picked up 2 fleetguard filters today but didnt get a chance to swap it out yet. Im sure this will solve it, my 05 had a similar problem and it was a super dirty filter. Hope this is the same!
Old 02-04-2013, 04:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
woodchuck2
Diesel Master

Yup, plugged filter. Surprised when hammering on it the engine does not try to quit. There are times when mine will rev up and then flat out fall on its face, always a bad filter when this happens and sometimes with only 5k on the filter.
06 LBZ ECSB, 285 BFG All Terrains, 4" Flowmaster cat-removed, modified air-box with stock filter, Predator on 120hp tune, Kennedy tie rod sleeves, bedliner, window visors, 8' Fischer plow, 8' home made back plow with down pressure, tinted windows and Prodigy brake controller.

Sold, 06 LBZ RCLB, 285 Cooper Discoverer ST's, 8' Fisher plow, Line-X liner. Truck will be missed!

2002 GMC Sierra RCLB 1500 4X4 SLE, 7 1/2' Fisher plow. Replaced the 06 LBZ RCLB.

1965 Buick Skylark 2door post, 401ci, TH400, 10bolt posi
Old 02-04-2013, 05:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Dmax1989
Diesel Master

Just changed it, the old one open and it was hardly dirty. Not even dirty enough to post a picture of. I might check the air filter yet, maybe see if my tranny level is down. Would unloading and reloading the tuner help at all?
Old 02-04-2013, 07:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
heymccall
Diesel Laureate

LMM and LML engines rate filter life on actual performance.

I chased one with the same issue (step out to pass and it would fall on it's face) BUT it would zero the fuel filter life, and it had a leak in the filter head.

Another one I chased had a stuck EGR valve and plugged EGR cooler. Cleaning the cooler (off the truck) and cleaning the EGR valve cured it.

And a 3rd LMM, same complaint, ended up having a section of fuel line collapsing under load. Cut out and replaced the hard plastic (kinked from install) line at the rear of the driver's cylinder head, with reinforced rubber hose, per GM's bulletin.

The first and third ones also gave up a P0087 code.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetSome8.1HD
Its not like I said I enjoyed reading Good Housekeeping while taking a candle lit bubble bath then proceeding to using a loofah with exfoliating creams all while thinking about you . Now THAT would be creepy
Member #21 of the OiO association

Last edited by heymccall; 02-04-2013 at 07:01 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Dmax1989
Diesel Master

Well i cleaned the air filter as well as it was very grungy looking, and i took the ppe out and reloaded it. It seems to be alittle better but not as i remember. Guess thats the trouble of driving highway continuosly and driving like a old man. I checked the tranny fluid tonight after a drive and its about 1/2" lower than the bottom mark for the hot level. Could this be the culprit?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement