LBZ: pcv reroute w/ pan e-vac - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (0) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Duramax Third Generation: 2006-2007.5 (LBZ & LLY)
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2012, 12:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Outlaw_Iroc
Diesel Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

LBZ: pcv reroute w/ pan e-vac

Iv tried searching but had no luck. Im getting ready to do my reroute and got to thinking about how good the pan e-vac works in my car so why couldnt you do the same thing with my truck. That way the pcv still has vaccuum but its not getting oil in the engine, it would work better than one just vented to atmosphere and wouldnt make an oilly mess under the truck. Any thoughts on this? Thanks for the help

Heres what im talking about:
http://www.jegs.com/i/Dynatech/329/7...oductId=750022
Then a 1 way check valve screws onto that
http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performan...52211/10002/-1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 12:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
DuramaxxedLBZ
Diesel Technician

Send a message via AIM to DuramaxxedLBZ

INDP Member

I had a catch can on my 2010 camaro ss to collect any pcv fluids and the folks on those forums suggested to NOT put the oil collected back in to the crankcase. I'm not holding that to be the "end all, be all," just what I've read in the past. Could be different with diesels though. I know Caterpillar offers a kit for their on-highway engines of recent to collect the oil and drain it back down to the pan.
aFe Stg. 2
Edge CTS w/pyro
LML manifold

To be installed: MBRP 5" with BBQ black, PCV re-route, ProFab downpipe
To be ordered: Jack of Spades or ATP MildMax AutoCal

Click HERE to read about the Indiana Chapter DP Club!
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 12:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Outlaw_Iroc
Diesel Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuramaxxedLBZ View Post
I had a catch can on my 2010 camaro ss to collect any pcv fluids and the folks on those forums suggested to NOT put the oil collected back in to the crankcase. I'm not holding that to be the "end all, be all," just what I've read in the past. Could be different with diesels though. I know Caterpillar offers a kit for their on-highway engines of recent to collect the oil and drain it back down to the pan.
This wont put oil in crankcase, it uses the exhaust to create a vacuum for pcv, anything it pulled would go into downpipe and out w/exhaust. Worst case the inside of the exh pipe would have a little oily residue on the inside, like it wont already with diesel lol.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
DuramaxxedLBZ
Diesel Technician

Send a message via AIM to DuramaxxedLBZ

INDP Member

Okay, I'm following you now. Sorry for the confusion.
aFe Stg. 2
Edge CTS w/pyro
LML manifold

To be installed: MBRP 5" with BBQ black, PCV re-route, ProFab downpipe
To be ordered: Jack of Spades or ATP MildMax AutoCal

Click HERE to read about the Indiana Chapter DP Club!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.