Check engine light running code P0674 in my 2007 classic 2500HD - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (0) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Duramax Third Generation: 2006-2007.5 (LBZ & LLY)
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2010, 12:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
NAC1989
Diesel Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Check engine light running code P0674 in my 2007 classic 2500HD

The check engine light came on today ran the code and got P0674 which is cylinder 4 glow plug circuit. Any recomendations on what to do and is it possible that this truck needed the GCM reflash that the 2006's had done. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2010, 08:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
Ramblinrodney
Diesel Master

Michigan Oil Burners Member

Search glow plug circuit, lots of info.
Transgo Jr. PCV Reroute kit, Trans Line Repair Kit By Dirty Hooker Diesel,
Custom Perf/Tow Tune by Kennedy
2005 Sunnybrook 30RKFS 5er 11,300 lbs dry
UAW Local 699 Retired
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2010, 05:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
John Armstrong
Diesel Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC1989 View Post
The check engine light came on today ran the code and got P0674 which is cylinder 4 glow plug circuit. Any recomendations on what to do and is it possible that this truck needed the GCM reflash that the 2006's had done. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
You still under warranty? If so take it to dealership and have them replace them.

I had one bad and had all mine replaced at dealer using my extended warranty.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
NAC1989
Diesel Enthusiast

Thanks for the help. Ramblinrodney did just that and got the answer I was looking for. John my warranty is up I stopped by the dealer and they want to do a bunch of useless diagnostics and charge me $75 when I already know what the problem is. Im just going to get a new glow plug and just replace it myself heard its a pretty simple fix hoping thats true. But thanks againg for the help
Old 08-11-2010, 05:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
rvjabo
Diesel Technician

DID MY GLO PLUGS TODAY 2.5 HRS WITH ROTATING TIRES GREASE CHANGE TRANS SCREW ON FILTER! GOT PLUGS AT ROCK AUTO 8 FOR 162.00 SHIPPED! EASIEST JOB I EVER DID ON MY DIESEL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.