Diesel Place banner

No power. Code P0087 low fuel rail pressure.

8K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Coolbreeze 
#1 ·
My truck is throwing the low fuel rail pressure code and has no power. I have replaced fuel filter and see no improvement. The truck runs great as if nothing is wrong on startup but once going down the road for a few munites it throws the code and loses power. Truck still runs fine though. Hooked it up to diagnostic and only running about 5700 psi at injectors. I figure it can't be the injector pump or it would have no power all the time and not just after going down the road for a while. Truck is a 2006 lbz.

#4 ·
Okay so I broke down and went to the stealer today. Paid the hundred bucks for them to tell me it's the fuel injector pump. Totally shot and now fighting with GM to see if they are gonna help with the repair costs. Stealer was actually nice enough to back me up in telling GM the part is defective. So we'll see how this goes.

#5 ·
Really defective injector pump? Nice. What years does it affect?

#6 ·
If you call GM customer care and give them your VIN they will tell you what recalls are outstanding for your truck. The stealer called and said the most they would do is knock $300 off labor. Gee thanks you took it down to a $2400 bill.

I'm getting rid of the truck and getting a Cummins!

#7 ·
If you call GM customer care and give them your VIN they will tell you what recalls are outstanding for your truck. The stealer called and said the most they would do is knock $300 off labor. Gee thanks you took it down to a $2400 bill.

I'm getting rid of the truck and getting a Cummins!
Do you have the 5 year 100K powertrain warrenty?

#9 ·
crap

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.