2007 6.6 Liter Duramax - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (0) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Duramax Third Generation: 2006-2007.5 (LBZ & LLY)
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2008, 08:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rob Williams
Diesel Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

2007 6.6 Liter Duramax

Hi, I am the new kid on the block and wanted to ask a question. I just purchased a leftover 2007 Chevy Van Commercial Cutaway. I noticed when I start it up, I did not see anything relating to glow plug indicator. I am referring to the little squiggly line that is on my dashboard of my pickup truck when I start it. Of course the Dealer did not give a Diesel supplement to go with the owners manual, so I can't refer to that. Also, I did not see a engine block warmer to plug in to 110 volt house current like the one that is on my 2006 Chevy pickup truck.

Anyway, my question(s), have they changed something on this Diesel engine that makes it different from the 06 I have in my pickup truck.

Any response would be much obliged.

Rob
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2008, 08:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dmaxmoe
Diesel Technician

Was it hot enough glow plugs were not needed? 100 degree weather my light never comes on. It may not have a block heater depending on the options it has and where you are from, Im not 100% on the block heater option though...
06 GMC SLT CC SB LBZ, Studded, DP Billet 2.6Stg 2, RDL Manifolds/Ups, AllSeason EGR Delete W/Grid Heater, Adrenaline SS Y-Bridge, Alligator Performance IC Tube, DE DownPipe, 4" BD Turbo Back (no cat), DSP5, Autometer Cobalts, PCV, Airaid, FASS 150, Nicktane, 4" Rancho, CalTracs, SC StageIV/w1056, T-Case Brace, Yukon Grizzly, HD Tierods, Cognito PISK, 35" General Grabbers on Black/Milled Fuel Dunes, Kenwood Head Unit, Kenwood Excelon 6.5" all around, JL Audio 500/1, 300/4, 2 Focal 10" 25A1
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2008, 06:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
Rob Williams
Diesel Enthusiast

Ok, yes it was about 90 here yesterday when I started it. I am in Maryland, just outside Washington DC. It makes sense what you say about the engine block heater. I just was looking for one because my pickup has it. Although, like you said, I guess it depends on the options and where I am from. I guess my pickup has it because the Dealer said they only got the one pickup that I bought from another Dealer in a tradeoff for something else. I really don't know where it was originally destined to go. Although, everyone I know around here has an egine block heater in theirs. I guess maybe I should call the dealer. Maybe if the truck was scheduled to be sent to Florida or some place like that, they didn't equip the truck with one.

Anyway, thanks soo much for your response.

Rob
Old 08-24-2008, 06:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
lotsofmiles
Diesel Master

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Ontario Diesel Place Chapter Member

Michigan Oil Burners Member

the heater was an option. both of my dmax an 06 van and an 07 truck were not ordered with the block heater option. however the both had the block heater installed. on the van I had to order the cord and plug it in. the truck had the cord wrapped up under the hood
Old 08-24-2008, 07:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Pea Eye
Diesel Technician
Formerly Hr24 Three

Michigan Oil Burners Member

Look under your Air intake just in front of your Fuel Filter, I think. It should be zipp tied for storage.
2007 LBZ classic-Autometer Pyro and Boost-5" Magnaflow Downpipe back w/6" tip,EGR Blocked, No Kitty. EFI Live SPADE, Bought from TYLER @MPF, Tuned by Nick at DuraMaxtuner, Leer Topper,MICHELIN LTX M/S-2 265 75 16,DuraFlaps, Nice ride,Pulling a 2011, 30' PUMA RKSS,TT. Classic "Summit" White----GIDDYUP!!

"Anyone who is not shocked by Quantum Theory has not understood it." Dr. Neil Bohr
Old 08-24-2008, 09:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lazydog
Diesel Technician

Armed Forces Club Member

My plug is right there with the aux battery.

Smile... it increases your face value!

2006 2500HD CrewCab LBZ 4x4 // Nerf Bars // Rhino Bed Liner // Truxedo TruXport Lo PRO QT Tonneau Cover
Old 08-25-2008, 12:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
Big Windy
Diesel Technician

Correct about ordering cord on van if it wasn't an option , the block heater is there , just no cord .
Nitro Burnin' Funny Daddy Caddy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.