Diesel Place banner

Plug in to plug up your glow plugs at night???

3K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  tuney443 
#1 ·
Do the LBZ or the new LLY's have Plug ins so that you can plug your glow plugs in at night???

If anyone could help out, It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dwayne

#3 ·
The plug for the block heater is on the passanger side of the engine. It may be hidden in the wires so it may take you a couple of minutes to find it.

#4 ·
Bolyard;1572966; said:
The plug for the block heater is on the passanger side of the engine. It may be hidden in the wires so it may take you a couple of minutes to find it.
Thanks for the update of not pluging in your gloe plugs but pluging in your block heater.

Now this is where mine is on my LLY which is an 04.5-05 LLY duramax but i was wondering if the 06-07.5 LLY/LBZ's had a plug on it?

#8 ·
When I was 7/8,or therabouts,I had a glow plug and it was plugged in all nite in my bedroom so the monster would'nt come with the light on.I think it was of Popeye--it worked--I'm still here.:)

#10 ·
BigBadAllis;1573188; said:
Now that's funny, I don't care who you are
Yeah Jason my girlfriend wants me to get serious though--says I have too much of a sense of humor,always on the DP{or other''sites'';) },never miss a monthly scout campout,don't fix up the house fast enough with all the new stuff I had her get at Home Depot,and with all my baggage she DESPERATELY wants to marry me--hah go figure!!!

#11 ·
how cold is it??

these arent diesels of 20 years ago, its not "completely necessary" to plug them in ;)

-28* mine fired right up without being plugged in. :ro)

ben

#12 ·
tuney443@aol.com;1573259; said:
Yeah Jason my girlfriend wants me to get serious though--says I have too much of a sense of humor,always on the DP{or other''sites'';) },never miss a monthly scout campout,don't fix up the house fast enough with all the new stuff I had her get at Home Depot,and with all my baggage she DESPERATELY wants to marry me--hah go figure!!!
Won't win that one. if you change per her request, she''l always tell you you're not the same person she fell in love with and you lost your sense of humor.:p:

#13 ·
My LBZ starts easier than a Chrystler Minivan w/3.3 L V6 and an Alero w/3.4 V6 in sub-zero degree weather. (not pugged in)

This is pretty funny.

#14 ·
As you are looking at the engine from the front it is on the left, between the battery, intake and engine. It is clipped/zippy tide to the battery cable apprx 8" lower than the top of the battery. In order to thread it to any place besides the top of the airbox (out front grill perhaps) you need to take the tape off the plastic wire protector thing-a-ma-jig and pull the plug/extension cord down and thread it to wherever you want. Sorry but I have no pix. Chev advises only plug er in at below 0 deg F.

#15 ·
DURAtotheMAX;1573270; said:
how cold is it??

these arent diesels of 20 years ago, its not "completely necessary" to plug them in ;)

-28* mine fired right up without being plugged in. :ro)

ben

I dont have an LBZ and the only reason i wanted to know this was because my buddy drives and 02 dodge and he SWEARS up and down that the new 06-07.5 LLY/LBZ's DO NOT HAVE BLOCKHEATER PLUGS!!!

I found out now and i will take his bet on if they have plugs or not next time and he will lose horribly!!!:muahaha:

:lol:

:thankyou2 Thanks for everyones input on this.

#16 ·
I dont have an LBZ and the only reason i wanted to know this was because my buddy drives and 02 dodge and he SWEARS up and down that the new 06-07.5 LLY/LBZ's DO NOT HAVE BLOCKHEATER PLUGS!!!
He has already lost because he bought a Dodge. BTW, my 07 LBZ also has the block heater.

#17 ·
TheJDMan;1574266; said:
He has already lost because he bought a Dodge. BTW, my 07 LBZ also has the block heater.
):h :lol:

#18 ·
TheJDMan;1574266; said:
He has already lost because he bought a Dodge.

I heard that man!!! Chevy is the only way to go!!! :ro)
:exactly: CHEVY THUNDER!!!
:grd:

#19 ·
diesel newbie

Just wondering I pluged my truck in last night and the temp was 7 F. How much electicty does it draw. thanks for your help. great website

#20 ·
abfitch1212;1575380; said:
Just wondering I pluged my truck in last night and the temp was 7 F. How much electicty does it draw. thanks for your help. great website
Used to be about a buck overnite in my area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.