Diesel Place banner

What do you guys think of this... Chummins

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  OkDually 
#1 ·
1997 chevy 3/4 ton with 12 valve Cummins

Eaton fuller 5 speed mid range manual transmission

the motor and trans have aprox 125k on them. New clutch installed like new bf goodwrench mud tires.

the truck is turbocharged intercooled it has a s&b cold air intake.

Has glowshift gages (fuel pressure, egt temp gauge and boost gauge along with oil pressure gauge)

it has straight axel conversion (chevy 3/4 ton axels 8 lug) the truck tracks down the road straight.

the truck has very little rust and is clean inside and out. it is a fun truck to drive it is my daily driver.

I have just changed the oil and oil filter rear u-joints front and rear diff oil along with a new axel shaft.

The exhaust is 4inch straight pipe from turbo back to the stack.

Just read this ad, im interested in the truck. But curious what you guys think about the engine/transmission combo. And just the overall build. is it worth $7500?:p Thanks

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
IMO, :thumbsdow
if you want a Dodge go get one. Don't crossbreed a Chevy and Dodge together. Especially someone else's Frankenstein project.

You'll be stuck chasing all the build screwups from the PO and it may end up to be a money pit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.