new 3/4 ton diesel crew cab truck - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (0) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Other Vehicles > Any Other Vehicles
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2011, 11:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Danny25
Diesel Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

new 3/4 ton diesel crew cab truck

I am trying to buy a new 3/4 ton crew cab 4x4 diesel

I like the Duramax with the Allison

I like the Ford cab it has more room(getting in and out)

I don't think I can stand the new Dodge body style

Any opinions would be appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2011, 12:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Danny25
Diesel Enthusiast

can I go by this? http://www.dieselpowermag.com/featur..._friendly.html
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2011, 10:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Tanc Crusher
Diesel Sr. Technical Member

INDP Member

First Welcome to the site and lots of good info here. I first suggest read through post in the LML engine section on the forum. You will learn alot about the design, emission, power, likes and dislikes. I did not look through it all but looks pretty accruate. I like the mileage comparison of the 3/4 and 1 ton truck for the GM side. Both of those trucks would be exactly the same as engine and drivetrain and gearing. Just the extra tires if dually compared. Just goes to show that these trucks get different mileage right out of the factory and being the same. So if expecting 20mpg you better drive it on the interstate for a good solid 1 or 2 hrs and good flat land to of steady driving and see if it will do that. You may end up with a truck that gets 17mpg or even worst and no reason why. You will get many different likes and dislikes as well as the oppisite of the likes and dislikes. Future note one post is enough on the one subject.

Brian
Upgrades: Performance Truck Products for 5" MBRP Turboback 6020AL. Alligator Performance for EGR Blocker. DuramaxTuner for EFI-Live with DSP5 ECM Tune and TCM tune. Meyer Performance for Airdog 150 Gen 1 Lift Pump, Diamond Down Pipe. Merchant Automotive for Suncoast IV with 1056 converter, Amsoil Synthetic Fluid in everything, Pitman Arm Fix.
Configure your FlashScan V2 the way it should be http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=401770
Future: SDP S475 Twin Setup is here-install 6-18-11. On board Air with Side Step Tube Air Tanks, Custom Bed Fuel Tank and Water/Meth Tank.
New Toy: 2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Red and all stock for now.

Check out: My Garage for pics of the Truck, Mods, and Toys.
UA Steamfitter, Local 136 Evansville, IN

Last edited by Tanc Crusher; 06-05-2011 at 10:34 AM.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
MB1
Diesel Master

Alberta Coal Rollers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny25 View Post
I am trying to buy a new 3/4 ton crew cab 4x4 diesel

I like the Duramax with the Allison

I like the Ford cab it has more room(getting in and out)

I don't think I can stand the new Dodge body style

Any opinions would be appreciated

What are you doing with the truck? ( towing? racing? working? driving gravel roads? )

What are your plans for future mods? ( lift / tires, more power, etc )

Plan to do any work on the truck yourself?

How long will you keep the truck?
FASS 150 Titanium
II Twins
ACR member #21
Old 06-07-2011, 09:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Danny25
Diesel Enthusiast

everyday driving /some work on hay farm/hunting including gravel roads

no future mods

at least ten years probably 20
Old 06-07-2011, 11:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
MB1
Diesel Master

Alberta Coal Rollers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny25 View Post
everyday driving /some work on hay farm/hunting including gravel roads

no future mods

I believe GM has the best warranty... ( could be wrong )

at least ten years probably 20

I think Dodge is getting better, but I think they have the worst record for # repairs per milage. I believe Ford calls for removing the cab to perform any motor work.

My vote is for GM. With a platform that's been around for 10 years, it's had a lot of the kinks worked out, not bad to work on, has a pretty good reliability report - especially when you don't plan on any mods.

Obviously you're on the GM site. If you were planning on getting rid of it before the warranty was up, I'd say go drive them all and get the one you like best ( still not a bad idea ) but when your warranty is up there are other things you'll wish you considered now.

Good luck and let us know what you decide.
FASS 150 Titanium
II Twins
ACR member #21

Last edited by MB1; 06-07-2011 at 11:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.