Transmission Won’t Shift. Is there a way to bypass? - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (1) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Transmissions > Allison OEM
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2004, 09:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
ryanpraski
Diesel Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

1995 Chevy 3500 HD 6.5L. The transmission won't shift out of low gear. When the dealer hooks up his computer he can make it shift using that. Is there a computer made that I can purchase that will shift the transmission electronically? Have you ever heard of a problem like this before? The dealer also said it could be a very simple problem (maybe a short), but he would have to do a ton of work to locate the problem and resolve it. Please let me know if you can help. Thanks,
Ryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2004, 10:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Diesel Dragon
Diesel Master

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

CT Smoke Member

Not sure ryan but your truck should have a 4L80E tranny in it which is basically a Turbo 400 with a overdrive. Very stout tranny.

If it wont shift on its own it could be the computer that's shot (the truck already has a computer for the tranny).

Or like the dealer said it could be a short some where, or check the fuse for the tranny I pulled mine once and after I put it back in it wouldn't shift out of second so I had to go to the dealer and he reset the computer and it worked.

If theres no codes set in the computer that makes it a little tuff to find the problem. but it's obviously something electrical and probably computer related.
Check my garage for more info and upgrades on truck

2008 Chevrolet 2500

"A Threesome is not really cheating, the two girls cancel each other out"
Never argue with an idiot, They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Member # 3 of the Fat Bottom 3500 Dually Power Club

Member # 103 of the Reg (Old School) Cab Club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread