LB7: Aftermarket Trans cooler lines? - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (0) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Transmissions > Allison OEM
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2011, 09:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
dieselguy21
Diesel Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Aftermarket Trans cooler lines?

anyone know where i can get the best aftermarket cooler lines that wont leak every 20-30k miles?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2011, 09:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
kcb37
Diesel Master

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

TN Diesel Place Club Member

Armed Forces Club Member

Don't need the best, just better.
I do not remeber the vendor (maybe someone will chime in for you) but you can get a "kit" to replace the rubber line with braided stainless steel.
This will include all the adapters/fittings and hose you need to splice into the steel line.
Or you can do like I did with my 96. Took the old lines off completely and put on braided stainless steel from the radiator to the trans. I do not know what fittings you will need on the radiator or the trans so your on your own on that one.
However if you call the tech line at say ATS or Suncoast (Ally trans builder) they should be able to tell you the thread and pitch, etc... so you can order the fittings if you want to go that route.
2003 2500HD Silverado, ECSB, 3.73, G80, Tekonsha P3, 4" Silverline Dual Exhaust 5" Tips, Autometer Boost & Pyro Guages, Mobil 1 Delvac (TES-295), Opti Lube XPD, 2nd set injectors 109,000, 3rd set injectors 153,000, Cobra 29LTD (peaked & tuned), Wilson 5,000 mileage 172,000
1999 Tahoe, 350, 4L60E, 4x4 floor shifter, 3.42's, mileage 213,000
1996 1500 Silverado, ECSB, 5.7, 4L60E, 3.73's Powertrax Locker, Lakewood Slappers, mileage 186,000
1949 F-1, Flathead 6, 4 speed
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2011, 09:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Diaric
Administrator
Spam Assassin
The Old Crank

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Old School Oil Burners (Old SOBs) Member

Alberta Coal Rollers Member

DieselPlace.com Lifetime Premium Member

moved to allison OEM
Originally Posted by 4320diesel View Post
well to make your pump retarded, you could let it hang out with me for a day
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkstrong View Post
Diaric wins thread derailment......
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Sierra 2500 View Post
Yeah Diaric, I gotta say, I'm afraid I'm going to have to give you an official warning on that.
6.2 FACTS AND ANSWERS Click Here
My Restoration Thread Click Here
Alberta Coal Roller Member #2
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.