|Register||FAQ||Forum Rules||My Replies||My Threads||Mark Forums Read||Auto Escrow||Auto Loans||Insurance|
|07-23-2011, 08:47 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Portland, OR
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
1995 Chevy K2500 not shifting out of 1st
Regardless if someone here helps me or not, thank you to all who take the time to help others on this forum. I've been a long-time lurker and hope someone can help me diagnose this issue.
1. State model, year of vehicle and mileage: K2500, 1995, 206k
2. How long did you own the truck? Recent purchase? 1+ years
3. Any service engine light: yes/no. Intermittant check engine light? No
4. Fluid level okay with the engine and transmission warm? Check on
a level surface? Yes
5. Have you retrieved Codes? AKA DTCs Diagnostic Trouble codes. No
6. Fluid color and smell? Red or Brown does the fluid smell burnt? Red, No
7. Speedometer reading correctly at the appropriate speed? Are the tires the within OEM specifications and size? Use your GPS and verify speed. electronic transmissions remember? Speedo reads fine, tire are in very good condition.
8. Is the transmission shifting normal? Is it shifting hard? Do recall the shifting symptoms or any shifting changes before or after the check engine light or after you retrieved codes. Transmission doesn't shift out of 1st or maybe it is 2nd. I can get to 30mph at about 2500rpm so I am assuming it is 2nd, but I don't feel any shifting at all. No shifting problems prior to issue. Just woke up Friday and drove to work. Didn't realize I wasn't shifting until half way to work. No CEL before of after.
9. Did you or anyone else conduct any kind of maintenance to the vehicle recently? Had PMD replaced. Technicion did some repair work with the fuse box under the hood as well. This has been about 1-2 months ago.
10. Can you explain the type of driving? City driving.
11. Typical weather. Arizona hot mild winters? Minnessota cold. Please explain. Oregon mild summer.
10. Any problems with driver commanded/selected shifting into any gear?
ie.. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, Rev? Manual shifting down into L2-L1 makes no difference, same issue. Rev works with no problem.
8. Describe symptoms: Transmission (automatic) goes into forward gear with no problem, just won't shift at all. I top out ~30mph and assume that I'm actually in 2nd gear due to speed and rpm. Stopped by Napa store and technician told me I was probably in 2nd and in "limp mode". Reverse works fine. No CEL, no lights on dash period out of the norm. All gauges seem to work like they always have.
8a. TCC Locking? No
8b. Is the transmission shifting into all FWD gears? No
Can your vehicle shift into all gears? No
If you have a tachometer can you "notice" all forward gears shifting if you are not sure if the transmission is shifting? Don't have a tach.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|1995 K2500 TD 4x4||JDJPDiesel||6.5L Diesel Engine||8||08-12-2010 08:21 PM|
|1995 K2500 TD 4x4||JDJPDiesel||6.5L Diesel Engine||0||08-10-2010 10:55 PM|
|1995 k2500||jlounsbery||Introductions & New Trucks||1||02-23-2010 12:49 PM|
|1995 k2500||jlounsbery||Introductions & New Trucks||0||02-23-2010 12:23 PM|
|1995 Chevy K2500 6.5||Dirty Diesel||Closed / Archived Marketplace Ads||0||10-03-2009 10:14 PM|