Diesel Place banner

no reverse

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  langoley 
#1 ·
hey, I am new to site, Put a fsd remote unit on 94 6.5 turbo and lost reverse. Forward works fine, hard brakes in first letting off after reaching 25 mph, Something clicks when put in reverse but no go, any ideas Have been checking the forms but thought I ask someone while I go through them..Thanks

#2 ·
We have a 3500 with a 4l80e in our workshop with the same issue.
all forward gears in ours work fine.
The rear band, which applies for reverse is burnt out.
This was a brand new trans about a month ago.
The original trans did the same thing.
Looks like the rear band is applying while in forward gears?
We are in the process of finding out why.
By the way what is an fsd remote?

#3 ·
I was looking to put a tranny up for sale or trade but unsure what it is. It's out of a 1992 chevy 2500 6.5 TD auto 4WD. The tranny was newly redone by jasper about 1000 miles ago then the crank broke. It has a new converter on it also. I got it for the heads and don't need the rest.If this sounds like it would work let me know and i'll try to get more info.

#5 ·
Wellll,,,,I am in Cape Hatteras right now with a 94' 2500 that lost reverse!! It is at the trans shop as we speak,they called me this morning and told me the "bushing" in the lower planetary broke.And as such happened it took out the output shaft,the center support,the rear band,and so on and so forth,,!!! All of this just 10 days after the trans was REBUILT !!!! My transwould still go into 1st ,2nd,and 3rd sometimes,but no reverse and no overdrive. So now I have to have a buddy drive 400 miles to come and get my boat,and when I get home I have to fix a few small items on my 86' and come back and haul the 94' home !!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.