Diesel Place banner

Carcode.com

2K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  acesneights1 
#1 ·
I cant get carcode.com software to open i am using windows 7 home edition anyone else have this problem and how can i solve this problem

#4 ·
I know the Scangauge II reads the injection pump timing degrees.

#5 · (Edited)
did you try to right click on carcode icon, select "properties" in the list, select then "compatibility" tab in the dialog box that appears.
Then tick the option "run this software in compatibility mode for:" (or something similar),
and choose for example Windows XP Sp3. Apply + OK

Test it

Let us know if it runs then

my .02

#8 ·
Are you running 32 or 64 bit? The carcode website shows that it works on Windows 7 32 bit. If you have 64 bit installed you could dual boot 32 bit or even winXP 32 bit.
I assume you are using a laptop. Depending on what you have you could set up a 2nd harddrive just for carcode. There are many other ways to do it, just depends on what hardware you have to do it the easiest way. I did verify that it will not run on my Win7 Pro 64 bit workstation. Works fine on a winXP pro 32 bit workstation and laptop.

#10 · (Edited)
Saw this, interesting. If that doesn't work out.

OBD DroidScan Review for Android.

#11 ·
Many 32 bit programs run just fine in Win7, but some programs use 32 bit drivers or have 16 bit parts and these will not run in a 64 bit or 32 bit compatibility mode.

#13 ·
Refers to a file written for the x86 intel processors. I think Matuva is referring to the SysWOW64 directory that contains the 32 bit compatibility files in Win7-64bit.

#14 ·
Tell to take it back or reverse the charges. Otherwise buy a cheap used laptop with xp.
Its a shotty program, confusing and hard to use and by the time you figure it out you will forget what you did next time you need it. The guy is a flake and good luck getting help with it. Mine also has glitches. Never got the dashboard to work.

#15 ·
I believe that the reason he told you that will not work is that you have to download, install and enable windows virtual xp pc mode .... http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/ .... Your edition of W7, after all I know doesn't support virtual, I use it, but I have Ultimate edition. In my case the guy (Alex) has stayed behind his product and has tried to help, but I felt that I is better for me to return the scanner since I got disconnected and reconnected every 5-10 seconds most of the time When I got a stable connection, it was relatively easy to use it, maybe because I connected it so many times, but if I were to use it today (after 1 year), Acesneights1 is right, I will need to relearn how to use it. (The program have a Help area where you can learn how to use it and how to trouble shoot it also). I don't know how he is staying behind his products now, I heard that he was runned down by a pickup truck and had some head surgery or something, about one year ago.... However, it will work with Windows XP and it's worth a try...

#17 ·
If anybody has this, I was never able to get a staright answer if AE has Cyl kill function. That was the only thing I liked about Carcode. You could shut cyls off one at a time. I could never get a straight answer on that.

#18 ·
It does Kenny, but what is odd is that you don't have it for every truck, e.g., you won't have it on 1997 K1500, but you get it when you select 1996 K1500, and it works then on the 1997 K1500....

#20 ·
Yeah Carcode did that too.I forget what I had to do. I had to put in a 2002HD IIRC

#19 ·
Car code worked fine for tdco on my win7 pro 32 netbook with a USB to serial adapter

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.