Diesel Place banner

96 chevy k1500 6.5 liter turbo diesel problem

7K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  GSXR600 
#1 ·
i need some help i got a 96 chevy 6.5 liter turbo diesel i was at a stop light and it reved up and jumped forward and then died and i wont start up again does anyone know what this could be

#2 ·
Has PMD written all over it. On my phone right now but use the search function and you should be all set.

#3 ·
i need some help i got a 96 chevy 6.5 liter turbo diesel i was at a stop light and it reved up and jumped forward and then died and i wont start up again does anyone know what this could be
Probably the PMD. Is yours in the stock location? You will need to relocate it and get a new (or good used) one.

Update your sig with details on your truck. Maybe post a pic of the engine bay. Search this topic - plenty of info here.

#4 ·
Just had that happen the other day to me and found the ecb 2 fuse burned out. It was due to a short in the lift pump causing the OPS to ground out. Replaced the lift pump, relay and the fuse and all was ok. check all your fuses. If the ecb is popped. Replace it and pull the fuel pump relay then try to start it. Or look for loose grounds

#6 · (Edited)
Relocate to the inside of the front bumper next to the nostril hole

There is no good PMD. It seems about half and half for the Standyne or the Flight Systems - which is every other PMD out there that is not a Standyne - no matter what name has been rebadged on it. I've bought from leroydiesel - from his website - and angelofishes on ebay.

Get a PMD, Made in the USA extension cable and good quality heat sink.

Autozone now sells PMD's but check my recent threads on how they treat their employees and why I recomend boycotting them

#7 ·
i got many of engine parts if needed....

#8 ·
pm me if you need any parts.

#9 ·
Give us a list of what you have. Maybe post in the 6.5 for sale section

Have any rust free front doors?

As many vehicles as I have, I'm always looking for parts

#10 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.