Diesel Place banner

Rebuild your own injectors?

111K views 34 replies 18 participants last post by  dieselpartsman 
#1 ·
Been researching places to buy a new set of injectors and came across a kit that is supposed to allow you to reseat the check ball seat... see quote below:
"This is a repair tool for reseating the check ball seat, the number one failure on the the Dodge and Duramax common rail injectors. This kit will allow you to reseat the body of the injector and can save you hundreds over the cost of new injectors. Come with instructions on repairing your injectors. This kit is manufactured by Sirini / Italy."

Selling for $229.95. Anyone try this or hear about it?
I'd hate to waste time and cash on something that may not be the right solution, but it sure is more attractive than shelling out for 8 new injectors.

Also, many of you advocate replacement of the injector cups along with the injectors.... Can anyone post a link to where these can be purchased? Have not seen these offered at the typical "remanufactured" injector website. Anyone have any horror stories with remanufactured injectors?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, but the stealer just quoted me $6600 to replace all 8 of my injectors.... F that.

Any tips on injector removal without the "removal tool"???

Gymski
(2001 3500, 173k miles)

See less See more
#34 ·
Farmers Diesel performance is that best that I found so far. Had him build a set for my powerstroke and talk about a huge difference. However although mine had mechanical issues, in a lot of cases it is not the injector that is the problem. Without proper diagnosis you will end up replacing things that are not broken. Learned hard way!

#35 ·
Just a note - there are shops like mine ( dwdiesel) that are certified Bosch reman shops. We have to meet stringent guidelines for reman Bosch products, including using all Bosch parts. There are other shops that also reman Bosch products. They may use Bosch injector housings and aftermarke nozzles, etc. I am not dissing their parts, just saying there's a difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.