Diesel Place banner

Rear airbag question?

3K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  gasuout 
#1 · (Edited)
For any of you guys who have upgraded your wheels on your truck and have the Link rear air suspension, how much clearance between the tire and the bag do you think is enough? I did some test fitup last night of the 24" semi wheels with 325/45/24 tires and I have a good 1", actually a little more between the bag and the tire. Even when I dump the air, it doesnt get any closer. I feel that there is plenty of room and plan on running it like this. Does anyone think I will have any problems? I think I can move the bags if needed, just dont think I need to. I dont haul any major weight either, just a 20' enclosed with motorcycles every now and then, truck is mostly just daily driven. Any info would be appreciated.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Wish I had the Link system and could help you. Post some pics when you get them mounted.

#3 ·
Here's a quick pic, stock 19.5 on front and the 24 on rear. I'll get better ones once I get everything finalized.

Attachments

#6 ·
Looks like acceptable clearance for the bags . :thumb:

I had to lose those stock mudflaps on mine . They rubbed .
Yeah I am definitely gonna have to do something with the mud flaps. I really want to keep them, but I may have to make some modified brackets or something to hold them off the tire.

#5 ·
Wow looks great!!! I love how mine looks without the training wheels:D

#7 · (Edited)
Thanks.

The wheels/tires that are mounted on the rear in that picture are actually the two fronts. I just needed to do some test fitment on the rear before I had the tires mounted. I repolished the wheels and those babies are shining like chrome now. Once I get everything mounted up and on I'll post some good before and after shots. I think it's gonna look sick.

#8 ·
IBSRJOE
You'll have to let us know if your (new) 6speed tranny hunts for gears with the larger diameter tires and extra gear. And running RPMs at 70 MPH
Thanks

#9 ·
I will do that. I am gonna take it back to Mark @ Danville to have him recalibrate for the tire size. I would think it should be the same as the trucks with 22.5" wheel/tire combos cause these tires I have are right at 36" tall too.

#10 ·
To recall speedo ... you use the tech 2 and you will tell it a # .. rotations per mile . I forget what mine was stock .

Change that # and then you have to drive it once and then cycle the key on and off and then it will take . 1st time you change it you will get close to the # your looking for . Or not and realize you went the wrong direction . LOL . Then make small adjustments to the # to get it perfect . Try using a navigation to judge mph then keep changing the rotations per mile # till correct .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.