Diesel Place banner

Egr delete???????

37K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Tanc Crusher 
#1 ·
I have an 06 lly have 5in straight exhaust edge evo tuner and wondering if the egr delete is worth doing and what benefits are there and if its worth taking every thing apart to clean all carbon build up out also do i need blocker plate or just finger stick Burns0720@gmail.com best way to get ahold of me any help would be nice

#2 ·
yes the egr block or delete is worth it stops from shoving soot into your engine...mileage would be a big factor to whether or not you would take it all apart to clean your y-bridge intake and runners and how long you ran yours with the programmer and no blocker plate...to block it your would need a blocker plate and a fingerstick unless your edge will turn off the egr which i dont think it will or go efi live

#3 ·
If you block it then do the fingerstick. If you do the EGR delete you will have to have a tuner that can tune it out. The EVO may do it but depends on what you have. The fingerstick requires the EGR to be there to work.

Brian

#4 ·
will the fingerstick still work if the EGR is stuck? example would be the check engine light on and a code for the EGR

#5 · (Edited)
They both essentially accomplish the same exact thing.

The Delete just looks better doing it. lol. The delete is something you would want to do if you change out manifolds and up-pipes/went to a bigger/twin turbo setup.

Also if you do the delete you MUST HAVE efi live to disable the intake grid heater code.

If your just wanting to block it get a blocker plate, fingerstick it, get a ppe standard or efi live

http://www.alligatorperformance.com/blocker-plate-0607-duramax-llylbz-race-purposes-only-p-2907.html

I actually posted pics of the EGR delete we are making that i put on my truck here
http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/alligator-diesel/116769-new-up-pipe.html

#7 ·
the finger stick only works on a working EGR. i have had two now that the egr failed and it starts runing like crap and setting MAF and EGR codes.
just get rid of the EGR and tune it out. looks better and makes working on the truck easyer. also you wont ever have the heater hose that is tucked way down by the intake bridge, blow up and drain all your coolant.

#8 ·
When them delete pipes gunnar be avaliable

#9 ·
THREAD JACK !
What do you use to clean the carbon/grease build-up in the intake runners and plentum while everything is still together ?
Is there a secrete product that cleans all the way to the back o the valve ?
mist H2o while hot and running ?
Or some sort of fuel aditive ?

I'm doing my 98 6.5TD intake. 222,260 miles. EGR on since birth,
Handfulls of black grease-soot. I'm surprised this thing could breath!

#10 ·
just pull the intake off the 6.5L. its easy and you can wash it out. then get some CLEANS from the GM parts department and spray it all down. done

#11 ·
with the 2006 lly motor just do the egr block you do not need the finger stick. Just did mine no cel light. The lbz motor you need the finger stick or tunner to turn the cel light off

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.