Diesel Place banner

White smoke on start up

13K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Supercop8100 
#1 ·
I have an 06 LBZ with a built motor that is bore 20 over with a fleece 68mm with a wicked diesel cp3 upgrade and 45 over injector nozzles and Idaho robs tune. Every time I start it up it blows a puff of white smoke and if I leave it in a higher tune the worse the smoke is. Is this bad, alright, or normal? Any help would be apprecited. Thanks in advance

#2 ·
Getting the balance rates checked would be helpful. How old is the motor? Using any fluids?

#3 ·
Normal

#4 ·
i catch mine letting out a whitish haze while its idleing every now and then and its basicly stock. but i have seen a few dmaxes that billow white smoke when they idle not sure what the cause of it is

#6 ·
Its unburnt fuel. Normal, especially with your upgrades.

#8 ·
mine does it every now and then as well. From what I read, it was normal

#10 ·
Your Dilithium crystals in the warp drive (right on top of the intake - has a pipe that runs down the back of the motor out the back of the truck) are out of alignment. Multiply the angle of the dangle by PI cubed and divide by the transient of beta quadrupled and you will have the correct alignment.

i.e. - Everything is fine ******.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.