lly lift pump options? - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (0) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Power, Performance & Tuning > Fuel System, Air, Exhaust, & Emissions Upgrades
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2013, 08:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
rhoads36
Diesel Technician

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

lly lift pump options?

im looking to buy a lift pump. preferably a holley black or ppe lift pump. I don't want to spend the money for a air dog or fass unless its under 350$. could someone tellme what pump if the better of the two like durability and longevity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2013, 08:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
TOTHEMAX!
LT. Dan

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Montana DP Member Club Member

DieselPlace.com Lifetime Premium Member

Moved this thread to the Air, Fuel and Exhaust upgrades forum

Former truck was a 03 Chevy 2500HD w/ Duramax
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2013, 08:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
TOTHEMAX!
LT. Dan

Montana DP Member Club Member

DieselPlace.com Lifetime Premium Member

Can you please edit your signature line with what truck you have and its mods? Click on the UserCP link at the top of the screen and edit it there. That way people can help figure out how to help you faster.

What do you plan on doing with the truck?

Former truck was a 03 Chevy 2500HD w/ Duramax
Old 01-27-2013, 09:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
carter_44
Diesel Master

Neither pump is known for reliability or quality. That is why they are cheap and the Airdog is not.

"You can borrow anything I got except my girl or my truck, it's far too easy to throw a rod in either one."

Old 01-27-2013, 11:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
rhoads36
Diesel Technician

signature should be updated. it will have a built tranny in the future. its running tunes big enough that im at the point of needing a lift pump so i dont run the cp3 dry. i am considering getting into work stock pulling, i do alot of drag racing aka lots of wide open throttle..truck also has 161k on factory cp3 and injectors.
2004.5 LLY CCSB efi live,alligator stage 4 trans, custom made t case brace,billet stock turbo,stage 3 water/meth injection, twin kennedy pumps, all fuel fittings ported and fuel rail plug, lbz mouthpiece, k&n intake, 3 inch downpipe, 4inch magnaflow, green keys and 2 inch blocks, 35 all terrains and ranchos, PCV reroutes and egr detele. tripple pillar glow shift digital boost egt oil temp and fuel pressure. 18" eagle alloy 197s
Old 01-27-2013, 11:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
rhoads36
Diesel Technician

also what are the common problems of these pumps, im in central illinois and i never see temperatures below 0? im just curious because my family's friends pulling team has 6-7 trucks they pull with all ppe or holley black pumps without failures...for years. and not truck screw around trucks, they're 2.6 cummins trucks
2004.5 LLY CCSB efi live,alligator stage 4 trans, custom made t case brace,billet stock turbo,stage 3 water/meth injection, twin kennedy pumps, all fuel fittings ported and fuel rail plug, lbz mouthpiece, k&n intake, 3 inch downpipe, 4inch magnaflow, green keys and 2 inch blocks, 35 all terrains and ranchos, PCV reroutes and egr detele. tripple pillar glow shift digital boost egt oil temp and fuel pressure. 18" eagle alloy 197s
Old 01-27-2013, 11:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
blacksmokelb7
Diesel Fanatic

A Raptor 150 will run well for you but your not going to get it for 350 maybe a touch more.Talk to MrManners on here he is a new vendor and has some specials.I have bought from him and he is a great guy fast shipping and knows his products.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:23 AM   #8 (permalink)
carter_44
Diesel Master

Raptor pumps are made by Pureflow technologies (the same guys that make Airdog pumps) and they are good quality.

Just do some searches on a few of the big forums and you will see that people generally don't get good service out of the PPE or Holley pumps. You get what you pay for when it comes to lift pumps...like everything else in diesel performance.

If you really want to save money check out Kennedy Diesel lift pumps. Many guys on the forums are happy with them and the price is very reasonable.

"You can borrow anything I got except my girl or my truck, it's far too easy to throw a rod in either one."

Last edited by carter_44; 01-28-2013 at 01:24 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:43 AM   #9 (permalink)
rhoads36
Diesel Technician

where's the cheapest place to get one?
Old 01-28-2013, 12:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
carter_44
Diesel Master

The Kennedy pumps?

From Kennedy of course:

http://www.kennedydiesel.com/detail.cfm?ID=399

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.