Lift pump - Page 3 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (3) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Power, Performance & Tuning > Fuel System, Air, Exhaust, & Emissions Upgrades
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2013, 05:30 AM   #21 (permalink)
boothybunch
Resident Gynecologist....

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9duramax View Post
Here is something on how the principal works- http://www.pureflowairdog.com/how-airdog-works.php

The Airdog comes in a complete kit and pretty easy to install! As you can see, any fuel that isn't being put to the feed line to the motor, is being returned (along with the excess air) back to the fuel tank.
Filtration is obviously important and I think has proven vital in the LB7 injectors.
As far as an additive, the ULSD is "drier" than the prior fuel. If you can get a hold of some Stanadyne, it is an a good product and works well, or you if you are interested I could get you a quote on some AMSOIL Fuel Additive. Hope this helps, and if you would like pricing on any of the above feel free to PM me!
K9duramax is the man with airdogs. Helped me get mine over here. I'll post up some pics of my install when i find my camera card
Banks power big hoss kit with power pda, MBRP cat-delete front pipe, BD full bore manifold + Thermocouple, kennedy diesel EGR blocker, Diamondback bed cover, Line-X bed liner, Southwest fabricators front bumper, Fab-tech HD tie rods, UK modified towing hitch, Airdog II 165 installed with swagelok stainless fittings & lines, Biodiesel Blending, PCV reroute with allseason AN pcv fittings. D2R/denso hid installed with relay bypassed headlights. Transgo Jr and Transynd. Braided PTFE hydroboost/steering lines
Member #23 of the OIL is OIL association

July 2013 Truck of the month winner

Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2013, 03:26 PM   #22 (permalink)
jimmyz18
Diesel Fanatic

I was told the Airdog ll 165 is the best one to get, does anyone know about this?
Old 01-20-2013, 04:34 PM   #23 (permalink)
boothybunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyz18 View Post
I was told the Airdog ll 165 is the best one to get, does anyone know about this?

That's the one K9duramax suggested I had. Also suggested I have the low pressure light as well. Excellent service

Yes you can save a little money by having airdog 100, but you only pay a little more for the 165 model
Banks power big hoss kit with power pda, MBRP cat-delete front pipe, BD full bore manifold + Thermocouple, kennedy diesel EGR blocker, Diamondback bed cover, Line-X bed liner, Southwest fabricators front bumper, Fab-tech HD tie rods, UK modified towing hitch, Airdog II 165 installed with swagelok stainless fittings & lines, Biodiesel Blending, PCV reroute with allseason AN pcv fittings. D2R/denso hid installed with relay bypassed headlights. Transgo Jr and Transynd. Braided PTFE hydroboost/steering lines

Old 01-20-2013, 05:04 PM   #24 (permalink)
k9duramax
Supporting Vendor

The 165 is probably the most versatile unit...It will give you the adjustable reg. for adjust-ability in the future (different mods in your truck, etc.). If you are, and plan on STAYING stock, then you could get away with the AD100 easily!

After having my low pressure light, I recommend it to most! Helps tremendously!!

Still like those install pics Boothy!!! Very clean- love it!

Old 01-21-2013, 04:32 PM   #25 (permalink)
jimmyz18
Diesel Fanatic

I'm planing on getting the EFI live for my truck. I dont really like the tuner I have. I want better driveability and towing performance and mileage. Since I put the 4" MBRP kit on I seem to have lost some power so I'm looking to get it back...lol Can you pm me a price for for both Airdog units please?

2012 2500HD, Crew Cab, 29,000 miles, Cognito Leveling Kit, 305/55/20 Goodyear Wrangler's
Old 01-23-2013, 06:03 PM   #26 (permalink)
kappelmd
Diesel Technician

k9duramax,

I sent you a pm requesting pricing too. : )
Rare Parts Xtreme Tie Rods
Cognito PISK & Super Steer 175 Idler Assembly
Bilstein Heavy-Duty Performance Steering Damper 33-174525
Curt Class III Front Hitch 31108
Hellwig Front HW7654 & Rear HW7269 Sway Bars
Old 01-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #27 (permalink)
kappelmd
Diesel Technician

For those running around 500-600HP, what pressure are you running the Air Dog 165, and does the lift pump pressure ever drop? If it never drops at the lowest pressure setting, why are people running them at the higher pressures. Does the CPS care?
Old 01-23-2013, 06:34 PM   #28 (permalink)
boothybunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappelmd View Post
For those running around 500-600HP, what pressure are you running the Air Dog 165, and does the lift pump pressure ever drop? If it never drops at the lowest pressure setting, why are people running them at the higher pressures. Does the CPS care?

I left my airdog at the factory supplied setting, No point messing with it unless you need to. Max supply pressure to the cp3 should be around 7psi, anything over that and you risk blowing a seal. The lift pump pressure Should drop slightly as you go up the rev range, BUT as long as you still in positive pressure readings at WOT to the CP3, your still good.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:43 PM   #29 (permalink)
k9duramax
Supporting Vendor

PM's returned, Thanks! Boothy covered this pretty well...

Some people adjust the regulators to help tune their trucks- I've heard some people that have had to turn the pressures down (I believe that these were mainly LB7's) as they were having a lope in their idle, but even once turned down a little for the idle issues they still ran fine off idle and top end ranges...

Old 01-23-2013, 09:46 PM   #30 (permalink)
kappelmd
Diesel Technician

Boothybunch, I thought the AirDogs were preset for 8psi and the adjustable range was from 8-10 psi. Don't get me wrong, I think providing positive pressure to the CP3 is a good thing too. I definitively like getting rid of the air in the fuel for protecting the injector pump and the injectors. I will be ordering one of the Air Dog II 165 units shortly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.