Cold air intake - Page 2 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (0) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Power, Performance & Tuning > Fuel System, Air, Exhaust, & Emissions Upgrades
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2012, 03:07 AM   #11 (permalink)
rjohns
Diesel Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

OK. I have been working long hours and have not had a chance to drive my truck since I installed the CAI to see if it helped the MPG, but I went ahead an ordered a cat. delete pipe for it. My question is when I install this cat. delete pipe will I have to buy a tuner to make the engine run right and not get any codes.
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 10:34 AM   #12 (permalink)
Ramblinrodney
Diesel Master

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Michigan Oil Burners Member

Check your glovebox to see if you have an FE9 truck. Some trucks get the light, but most dont, theres only one way to find out. Search FE9. If you do theres ways around it.
Transgo Jr. PCV Reroute kit, Trans Line Repair Kit By Dirty Hooker Diesel,
Custom Perf/Tow Tune by Kennedy
2005 Sunnybrook 30RKFS 5er 11,300 lbs dry
UAW Local 699 Retired

Last edited by Ramblinrodney; 11-29-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.