batmowheel install help! - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (0) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Power, Performance & Tuning > Fuel System, Air, Exhaust, & Emissions Upgrades
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2011, 12:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
jakeh
Diesel Technician

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

batmowheel install help!

I got the front of the turbo off without completely removing the turbo but cant get a backup on the stock wheel to remove in! any ideas?
Jake: Black crew cab 07 LBZ LTZ classic, MPI twin over stock, 40 over injectors, big dipper trans, and all the goodies to support the power! 20 inch BMF novocains and toyo MT, HID heads and fogs, two 12 kickers powered by a 1000 watt Rockford amp amd Cute girl from time to time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2011, 12:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Smokinlmm
Diesel Technician

NC Dmax's Member

Just put a rag in the exhaust side and hold it while you spin the compressor wheel off. It is only on there with 14 lbs. of torque so it comes off pretty easily. And reistall with 14 lbs. of torque also.

JFYI: The compressor wheel's threads are reversed.................

2015 Denali CCSB Z-71 SRW 2500 Dmax/Alli
Lifed with 35 Toyo's
A work in progress

Last edited by Smokinlmm; 11-16-2011 at 12:23 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
jakeh
Diesel Technician

That was quick! Thanks man!!
Jake: Black crew cab 07 LBZ LTZ classic, MPI twin over stock, 40 over injectors, big dipper trans, and all the goodies to support the power! 20 inch BMF novocains and toyo MT, HID heads and fogs, two 12 kickers powered by a 1000 watt Rockford amp amd Cute girl from time to time
Old 11-16-2011, 02:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Robby Avery
Diesel Master

Georgia Diesel Owners Club Member

TN Diesel Place Club Member

Is it 14 on the IHI LB7 charger as well?
2006 Chevy 2500HD LBZ Duramax Summit White Crew Cab Short Box Tan (neutral) leather LT3 pkg w/sunroof OEM bra 4x4, ISSPRO EV, ATS Twin CP3's, Built Allison, Eaton E-locker front stock G80 rear, Kennedy Twin pump filter combo kit, Snow Perf Stage 2 w/m injection, 4in to 5in banks tip, HM Big K&N, Mickey Thompson Baja Claw TTC 315/75/16 on stock rims, Rancho RS9000XL, Fabtech HD TR, Cognito P&I Brace kit, DD/Puller/Work Truck

2002 Chevy 2500HD LB7 Duramax Summit White Crew Cab Short Box Grey (neutral) leather LT3 pkg OEM bra 4x4, Kennedy Twin Pump Filter Combo Kit, ISSPRO EV, PPE Boost Valve, DTS Built Allison, MikeL Cooler, ATS Billet Flexplate, Bill's 5in CAI (White), Big K&N, DTS 3in SS IC pipe, 4in to 7in black stack, Mickey Thompson Baja Claw TTC 315/75/16 on stock rims, Cognito P&I Brace kit, Sleeves, Energy Sway bar Kit, DD/Puller/Work truck

Special Thanks: (David) DTS, (Guy) Socal Diesel, (Nick & Bob) DuramaxTuner, (Dan) PPE, (John) Kennedy Diesel, (Tony) All Season
Old 11-16-2011, 02:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Smokinlmm
Diesel Technician

NC Dmax's Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robby Avery View Post
Is it 14 on the IHI LB7 charger as well?
I've never done an IHI so I don't know. They have a completely diffrent assembly method, the Garrett VVT's wheel is threaded and the IHI's wheel is not, it requires a fastener.

2015 Denali CCSB Z-71 SRW 2500 Dmax/Alli
Lifed with 35 Toyo's
A work in progress
Old 02-19-2012, 01:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
tddmatt
Diesel Enthusiast

Were you able to get it in by just removing the front of the turbo? Is so how hard is to pull the front half off?
Old 02-19-2012, 03:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Porters02
Diesel Technician

The IhI's are easy to do. Take the 6 bolts off the back and pop the front off. The Ihi is also left hand thread and you torque it down to 170 to 200 IN/Pd. But torque wrenches are not accurate in the loosing direction. Kinda odd i know so to be very close to 200 inch pounds i just set it to about 180.
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement