Lb7 with egr, want to install mbrp downpipe - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (0) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Power, Performance & Tuning > Fuel System, Air, Exhaust, & Emissions Upgrades
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2011, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
dmaxbowtie
Diesel Technician

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Ocean State Diesel Club Member

Lb7 with egr, want to install mbrp downpipe

Ok so I opened my downpipe that I got in the mail only to read that it won't fit my truck, I have an 03 lb7 with egr system (minus vacuum pump) and with a blocker plate installed, what are all the parts that I need to get to make my truck entirely free of this egr system, an up pipe? New turbo housing? Doest look like fun

Htt 66 mm, efi live, banks 4" exhaust, banks big head wastegate,banks technicooler, banks ram air intake
with super scoop, ppe boost valve,isspro boost and pyro and fuel pressure, airdog 2 df-165, cowl hood, clear headlights, 285/75/16's, egr gone completely, dmaxstore stage 4 trans, ml converter, rare parts tie rods, moog idler/pitman arms w cognito braces.

13.7 best 1/4 stock trans
12.91 best 1/4 tuning issues?

2007 gsxr 1000 few mods- gone
1999 buick regal gs gutted airbox (for some whine)sold
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2011, 12:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
harleyd33
Diesel Fanatic

mbrp downpipe

I bought the mbrp downpipe and went through the same thing, my truck has egr. I sent it back and they sent me the one that was supposed to fit. I ended up taking a grinder to the flange to make it fit on on turbo. one of the bottom bolts wouldnt go all the way in because of clearance issue with pipe at back of turbo. goodluck.
2003 chevy 2500hd 4x4 ecsb,Big Dipper Stage IV, precision ml conv. Thanks George, pump rub fix,efi live,sdp-bullseye ihi batmowheel,kennedydiesel boost valve, pro fab -intake horn,mbrp-turbo downpipe,merchant-updated exhaust manifold,pml diff cover,caltracs,cognito-uca's,airdog-150,industrial injection modded cp3,rare parts tie rods,FTE 7" stack kit,285/75/16
:gearjamin
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2011, 12:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
harleyd33
Diesel Fanatic

oh ya you can goto gm parts direct and get an pass side uppipe for non egr for like 120. if you cant find a used one. #97223166 part number
2003 chevy 2500hd 4x4 ecsb,Big Dipper Stage IV, precision ml conv. Thanks George, pump rub fix,efi live,sdp-bullseye ihi batmowheel,kennedydiesel boost valve, pro fab -intake horn,mbrp-turbo downpipe,merchant-updated exhaust manifold,pml diff cover,caltracs,cognito-uca's,airdog-150,industrial injection modded cp3,rare parts tie rods,FTE 7" stack kit,285/75/16
:gearjamin
Old 02-08-2011, 07:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
dmaxbowtie
Diesel Technician

Ocean State Diesel Club Member

Thank you

Htt 66 mm, efi live, banks 4" exhaust, banks big head wastegate,banks technicooler, banks ram air intake
with super scoop, ppe boost valve,isspro boost and pyro and fuel pressure, airdog 2 df-165, cowl hood, clear headlights, 285/75/16's, egr gone completely, dmaxstore stage 4 trans, ml converter, rare parts tie rods, moog idler/pitman arms w cognito braces.

13.7 best 1/4 stock trans
12.91 best 1/4 tuning issues?

2007 gsxr 1000 few mods- gone
1999 buick regal gs gutted airbox (for some whine)sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.