Diesel Place banner

My new intake, SUPER LOUD TURBO!!!

35K views 113 replies 29 participants last post by  BKDespain 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
i got my new intake today. got it from Billscustomintake.com. i had him make me a 4" intake. it's powder coated gloss black. he can make them many different colors. its very similar to an AEM brute force intake, but way cheaper. it came with an S&B powerstack filter. it was $150 shipped. i highly recommend it to anyone thinking about getting a new cold air intake. oh yead did i mention that my turbo is crazy loud

Auto part Vehicle Car

Auto part

Vehicle Auto part Car Engine Automotive exhaust

See less See more
#2 ·
There are several of the same one on ebay for $90 and free shipping .

#7 ·
The only difference i see is the filter isnt the same. it doesnt tell the size of the tube. Im trying to post link.

#8 ·
They are decent looking intakes for no more than they are priced. Ill probably get one and try it out. im tired of my bully dog intake. they use the factory tubing.

#9 ·
i saw the ebay one. looks just like it. the only thing i will say is when i had my truck tuned at duramaxtuner.com the first thing nick noticed when i opened my hood was the filter restriction gauge was showing full restriction. that was on my standard AEM brute force. he said he seen alot of the aem do that. i think if you by the HD version it might be 4". told me i was better off sticking with the stock intake and modding the box. but since i was looking for more turbo sound i went with this intake. the standard AEM tube is 3.5".

#10 ·
I thought about cutting my factory box and puting it back in but full intakes look better.

#12 ·
yep dont like the stock box.

#13 ·
does he make em for the lbz. i need a intake. like you guys said an aftermarket one looks way better

#15 ·
How much bigger is that proflow intake horn than the stock one

#17 ·
What's the stock one measure

#22 ·
Nice...I'm gonna order one tonight!!

#24 ·
Alright man.. I'll make sure and get the 4". I haven't ordered it yet, but I am for sure going to.

#25 ·
Hey tightgtp , do you know of anybody with a lly running one of these . Looks like the lly and newer trucks is just his filter box with a Sil. 90* and short tube / maf bung . That ties into the stock tube . Would like to know how good of a fit up they are , I need more air to my DP Stg2 Turbo . I have been looking to fab one up .

#31 ·
I'd be in on a 4 1/2" intake most definitely. Do you know when it will be available?

#32 ·
Tightgtp Is that profab intake horn the same O.D. as the oem one? Just wondering if I'm gonna have to do some rigging to get it to fit my intake.

#34 ·
Sick! sounds and looks great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.