Fleece Performance turbo brake or Banks Power Speed brake? - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (1) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Power, Performance & Tuning > Fuel System, Air, Exhaust, & Emissions Upgrades
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2009, 01:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
CRASHNBURN
Diesel Master

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

TN Diesel Place Club Member

Fleece Performance turbo brake or Banks Power Speed brake?

Guys I am looking at both. I have an LBZ... Is there anyone that has used a Fleece Peformance "Lbz" one? They just came out with the lbz one.. Please give me your feeling on both. Thanks in advance.
2006 LBZ Duramax 4x4 CC SB 2500HD SRW 4x4 Blocked & Fingered, Fumoto valve, Keystone Ram Air Good Hood, Banks Ram Air System with Super Scoop, Banks Monster Dual Exhaust with Cat & Muffler delete pipes, Edge insight, Access cover & Rhino over the rails, 33'-0" Dutchman fifthwheel, Tekonsha Prodigy Brake Controller.

(Special thanks to Edge Products -Aaron Stewart & Rob Story.... Peter Treydte & Jeff Barker from Banks Power, Keith from Hptuners)

Used Tuners
CTS Race with backup camera, Edge Juice, Edge Evolution & Edge Evolution Race all with hot codes. Banks sixgun & Ottomind. HPTuners Pro version.

Thank you to all the troops out there.
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2009, 02:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
AGGAR
Diesel Master

Send a message via AIM to AGGAR

INDP Member

Midwest Smokers Member

I've been in a fleece truck and it does a good job. Not sure on the banks b/c you gotta have a PDA for it to work. The Turbobrake is just plug in play.
Offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2009, 02:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
trentnell
Diesel Master

one plus side to the fleece box is it has the lock up controller built in, not much of an issue for the low power trucks , but once you turn the beans up it sure makes it nice to get the converter to lock properly again .

Best ET 9.86 , Best MPH 146, Both on fuel only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Nell View Post
Be careful if you start the jorney , Diesel performance is as adictive as "Heroin " but 10 times as expensive
Old 07-13-2009, 04:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
CRASHNBURN
Diesel Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentnell View Post
one plus side to the fleece box is it has the lock up controller built in, not much of an issue for the low power trucks , but once you turn the beans up it sure makes it nice to get the converter to lock properly again .
Doesn't the Banks lock it to? A while back there was a debate between the two, but I can not find it anymore... Maybe Brayden & Jeff Barker will chime in here also...
2006 LBZ Duramax 4x4 CC SB 2500HD SRW 4x4 Blocked & Fingered, Fumoto valve, Keystone Ram Air Good Hood, Banks Ram Air System with Super Scoop, Banks Monster Dual Exhaust with Cat & Muffler delete pipes, Edge insight, Access cover & Rhino over the rails, 33'-0" Dutchman fifthwheel, Tekonsha Prodigy Brake Controller.

(Special thanks to Edge Products -Aaron Stewart & Rob Story.... Peter Treydte & Jeff Barker from Banks Power, Keith from Hptuners)

Used Tuners
CTS Race with backup camera, Edge Juice, Edge Evolution & Edge Evolution Race all with hot codes. Banks sixgun & Ottomind. HPTuners Pro version.

Last edited by CRASHNBURN; 07-13-2009 at 07:32 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Brayden
Supporting Vendor
Fleece Performance

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Brayden Send a message via Yahoo to Brayden

I won't go head to head in a debate about it but Banks does not have the performance mode that locks the Torque Converter under hard acceleration.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
CRASHNBURN
Diesel Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brayden View Post
I won't go head to head in a debate about it but Banks does not have the performance mode that locks the Torque Converter under hard acceleration.
I remember reading awhile back about it where there was a write up between the two of you guys, but I can not fine it.. It would be nice to understand the difference between the two..
What about a guy that uses his rig for towing & not for racing differences then?

Used Tuners

Old 07-13-2009, 08:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
JBarker-BanksPower
Diesel Master

Badger State Diesel Club Member

We don't have any kind of performance mode because, after all, it's a brake. If you want to see the indidviual comparison you can see them here: Banks Speed Brake!!
Old 07-13-2009, 08:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
CRASHNBURN
Diesel Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBarker-BanksPower View Post
We don't have any kind of performance mode because, after all, it's a brake. If you want to see the indidviual comparison you can see them here: Banks Speed Brake!!
Thanks... That is what I was looking at last time... I just could not find it.

Used Tuners

Old 07-13-2009, 09:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
CRASHNBURN
Diesel Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentnell View Post
I think the converter lock up would be a nice thing to have it you are running be power, but I am looking for something for towing right now. Stopping & safety are my two big concerns...

I do appreciate everyone feed back.. Thanks guys...

Used Tuners

Old 07-13-2009, 09:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Brayden
Supporting Vendor
Fleece Performance

Send a message via AIM to Brayden Send a message via Yahoo to Brayden

Choose whichever you want.... LBZ TurboBrake has plenty of features and works great and is priced right

Brayden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread