Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Twin Turbo

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Redneck Hunter 
#1 ·
Well Im kind of new at the upgrade parts still but is there a cheaper way to get 2 turbos instead of buying the twin turbo kit. Like hook another on up?

#2 ·
#5 ·
thats what you get with kit, good product that has been fitted and tested. remember that when twins were being put together, those guys must have reworked turbo's piping, at least 4 times. if you want it and not sure about doing it, kits would be best way to go.

#7 · (Edited)
No, design, fabrication, and turbo selection is all up to you. You have to be proficient in mig/tig welding, custom metal fabrication, pipe bending and knowledge of angle fitment, etc. Not to mention the math and stuff required behind turbo sizing/selection.

No offence, but if you have to ask these questions, then you are better off just buying the pre-made kit. ;)

ben

#9 ·
I agree with Ben on this. If you have to ask you should not be doing. I know it sounds Like I am being an a$$ but I am not. Save your self the headache. I think you are trying to learn but you need to learn from the guys that build them and go from there. If you try these on your own it could cost way more than a kit and not work near as well.IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.