TTS Dual or PPE lift pump? - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (2) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Power, Performance & Tuning > Fuel System, Air, Exhaust, & Emissions Upgrades
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

Fuel System, Air, Exhaust, & Emissions Upgrades Discuss upgrades to the Duramax fuel system and air system. Bigger turbochargers, more turbo chargers, air boxes, exhaust systems, emissions systems, and fuel pumps all go here.
This forum is Sponsored by Performance Truck Products

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2008, 11:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kenny T.
Diesel Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

TTS Dual or PPE lift pump?

I have seriously considered getting a lift pump recently. I get the feeling that when I get on it in #6 that my duramax could use more fuel. Regardless, I have considered the FASS / Air Dog style of pumps but even the slightest chance of running out of fuel with 1/4 tank does not appeal to me.

Ultimately, I've heard a lot of good things on this forum about the TTS Dual and PPE lift pumps with the Pickup Kits. I was hoping to hear detailed pros/cons of each and any other advice which will help me make a decision.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2008, 01:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
cpr_454
Diesel Technician

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

check out kennedys lift pump. Its affordable, quiet and works well.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
jdugie123
Diesel Master

Send a message via AIM to jdugie123 Send a message via Yahoo to jdugie123

Lone Star Diesels Member

the PPE pump is a good pump i use one for my VO it can be a little loud at times but most of the time i can't really hear it. The TTS pumps are a really good pump also they will be much quieter the the PPE but you do have to pay a little more for them. Oh and also with the PPE you have to make your own harness to give it power it isn't to hard to do but if you don't know what you are doing it can be a little difficult to figure out

Traded In
: 04.5 D/A MBRP 4" cool duals with muffler delete, volant air intake, EFI Live,raptor 100gph, suncoast level IV, ATS copilot, nicktane fuel filter, 6" RCD, 37" Super Swamper M16s , 4.56 gears, bushwacker cutout fender flares, wet okolie set covers, MTX subs with a sony amp, full replacement front with 9.5K warn winch built in and rear replacement bumpers, B&W turnover ball both gooseneck and bumper hitch
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2008, 08:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
scramHD
Diesel Master

Send a message via Yahoo to scramHD

TTS duals. Silent. Noticeable power increase. Bypassable. Good for 600hp. Low pressure high volume. I also run my tank below 1/4 without any problems. Increase in fuel mileage as well.

stg5/5 star
TTS dual pumps
EFI Live v2
Industrial Injection
SuperDiesel
Amsoil
Cognito

Last edited by scramHD; 08-12-2008 at 08:28 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.