LMM Exhaust: DPF,Non-DPF,Tailpipes,Full Systems,Codes,Mods - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (0) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Power, Performance & Tuning > Fuel System, Air, Exhaust, & Emissions Upgrades
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance Chat Room

Fuel System, Air, Exhaust, & Emissions Upgrades Discuss upgrades to the Duramax fuel system and air system. Bigger turbochargers, more turbo chargers, air boxes, exhaust systems, emissions systems, and fuel pumps all go here.
This forum is Sponsored by Performance Truck Products

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2008, 03:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
pa32rt
Diesel Superstar

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

LMM Exhaust: DPF,Non-DPF,Tailpipes,Full Systems,Codes,Mods

Ok, I'll start it:

Here is a thread for all LMM exhaust related talks. There have been about 4-5 new questions a day that are covered in several other threads. The LIGHTING / HID sticky thread did (and is doing) so well, I thought it was time to start one about LMM exhaust mods.

At this time, I have put on the MBRP S6026409 DPF-back tailpipe. Highly modified near the axle and back, for the NINE INCHES of rear drop on my particular rig.

Also, at this time, I have the MBRP S6004409 TURBO-back system sitting in the box on my garage floor. I will run that back to the slip-connection-joint that is just in front of the axle on the S6026. So, I will end up with an extra brand-new tailpipe assembly from the S6004 kit. I still figure this is easier and money ahead of manufacturing a new system at a muffler shop from front to rear. Plus, it's all mandrel and stainless.

I am running the Quadzilla Stealth-2 tuner, and have the NON-DPF tunes standing by (on my PC) to load and handle the codes.

Here's my current tailpipe/tip, which will stay with the new system:

2008 C3500 2WD DRW LMM. LT2 with everything. BANKS RamAir intake, MBRP turbo-back, Rotella T6 (5w-40), Quadzilla Stealth-2, DJM 7.5"/9" drop, Rancho RS9000s. AirLift 25415 auto-leveling bags/compressor. Weld 17X6.5 Velociti-8s, 245/70-17 Coopers.

Last edited by pa32rt; 01-22-2008 at 03:46 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2008, 04:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
pa32rt
Diesel Superstar

Side shot

Here is a side shot of the tailpipe after mods to tuck it up, away from the road:

2008 C3500 2WD DRW LMM. LT2 with everything. BANKS RamAir intake, MBRP turbo-back, Rotella T6 (5w-40), Quadzilla Stealth-2, DJM 7.5"/9" drop, Rancho RS9000s. AirLift 25415 auto-leveling bags/compressor. Weld 17X6.5 Velociti-8s, 245/70-17 Coopers.
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2008, 09:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
fire0021
Banned

SoCal Diesel Trucks Member

ahh finally hopefully this will get all the info together in one place for every one good job on getting the thread started

Old 01-22-2008, 09:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
pa32rt
Diesel Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire0021 View Post
ahh finally hopefully this will get all the info together in one place for every one good job on getting the thread started
EXACTLY. I PM'd DIESEL DUALLY (moderator) and asked if we could do this. As mentioned, especially since it worked so well for the HID/Lighting stuff.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
huthuthut
Reset by Diesel Dually

More info....

There are 2 kits often sold - catback and turboback. Be aware that turbo back kits are NOT really from the turbo, and are basically a front pipe back kit. To get a true turbo back exhaust, you need a replacement downpipe such as the Diamond Eye 4" downpipe. McRat sells them here: http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=209068

TByrne has an excellent post here: Do You Want To Remove Your DPF? Step Inside To See How! on removing the DPF for off road purposes.

Last edited by huthuthut; 01-22-2008 at 10:30 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
GMCJOE
Diesel Boss

LMM Exhaust Thread

Great idea for an exhaust thread pa32rt.
You are right about all the new threads each day for LMM stuff. The lighting thread did work out very well and is still doing good as you said.
This is a great way for LMM guys and new diesel owners to do all the reading in one main thread.

That thread by tbyrne that hut posted is great for anyone who wants to do a turbo back/dpf delete kit. It includes pics and details on what to do.
Cognito 2"-3" UCA Lift from and Bilstein 5100 silver shocks from Nick @ NorCal Truck. PVC Re-Route. Mag-Hytec Diff Cover. 6000k HID's. Limo Tint all the way around. AMP Power steps and LED step lights. Amsoil. Transynd. Customized Escalade Handles. Blacked out GMC Grill Badge.

More than just great music, a new life: www.klove.com
"Believe in something, or Fall for anything."
Join the fastest growing Camaro forum on the web:
http://www.CAMARONATION.COM
Old 01-23-2008, 01:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
TexasTrey
Low Boost

NC Dmax's Member

alright guys, I have spent all my time trying to learn about the LLY t know find out I'll be getting an LMM (believe me I'm not complaining) But I have very little knowledge of the new generation. I ordered a 5" MBRP for my LLY I'm just going to assume that this will not work on the LMM, would I be correct ?
Old 01-23-2008, 04:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
dmax4u2nv
Diesel Boss

THE HUGE TAIL PIPE

The huge tail pipe on the lmms is due to the extremely high temperatures the truck sees while in regeneration with the dpf. They let in cool air so your tail pipe doesnt become a torch.
2008 Dodge Challenger- Black on black #5816/6400 -for sale

2007 Yamaha R6

Last edited by dmax4u2nv; 01-23-2008 at 04:16 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
LBZrcks
Diesel Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTrey View Post
alright guys, I have spent all my time trying to learn about the LLY t know find out I'll be getting an LMM (believe me I'm not complaining) But I have very little knowledge of the new generation. I ordered a 5" MBRP for my LLY I'm just going to assume that this will not work on the LMM, would I be correct ?
Did you order a turbo back kit? if it has the four bolt flange you can still bolt it on after the doc. You will still need tunning since your removing the dpf.

Previous Dmax's
08' Sierra LMM CCLB Z71, Mike L. Trans, EFI Live, McRat Racing Tune 12.97@102.73
06' Sierra LBZ RCLB 4X4, Mike L. Trans, EFI Live, McRat Racing Tune 12.25@111.30
06' Chevy LBZ CST 9-11 Candy Red and Chrome04' Chevy LB7 FabTech 8" Suncoast III w/TTS Converter
Old 01-23-2008, 04:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
MMLMM
Banned

702 Duramax Crew Member

I have the DPF back right now. I plan on removing the dpf. should I leave doc or not. also is there a flange from the down pipe on the turbo? any more info or pics would be great. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.