LB7: Best Programmer? - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (0) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Power, Performance & Tuning > First Generation Duramax Electronics/Tuners
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 12:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
riley m-g
Diesel Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Best Programmer?

Best programmer for an 2002 lb7 d-max????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 09:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
D.Camilleri
Diesel Master

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

DieselPlace.com Lifetime Premium Member

to the diesel place. This thread will be moved to the LB7 performance and tuners forum to help you get the information you are after. Please fill out your signature line.
2002 Chevy Crewcab SB, Duramax, PPE excelerator Hot +2 ET level 10 , ppe boost valve,Fleece Performance Tap Shifter,Nictane adapter with big cat filter, secondary filtration with real big cat filter Full Transgo, Alto C-2's, Yukon Grizzly locker,12K milemarker hydraulic winch and custom bumper by me, CM steel flatbed with two custom fueltanks by me, 285/75/16 Nitto Trail Grappler on 16x8 Ultra Rogue Wheels

Last edited by D.Camilleri; 01-08-2013 at 09:32 AM.
Online   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 04:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Hammer 4
Diesel Master

SoCal Diesel Trucks Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by riley m-g View Post
best programmer for an 2002 lb7 d-max????
PPE :d

Last edited by Hammer 4; 01-19-2013 at 04:25 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2013, 02:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
jimmyz18
Diesel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer 4 View Post
PPE :d
just curious as why do you say that? I'm looking for a new tuner myself
Old 01-25-2013, 10:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
D.Camilleri
Diesel Master

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

DieselPlace.com Lifetime Premium Member

As far as hand held programmers are concerned, I like the PPE, next step would be EFI Live.
2002 Chevy Crewcab SB, Duramax, PPE excelerator Hot +2 ET level 10 , ppe boost valve,Fleece Performance Tap Shifter,Nictane adapter with big cat filter, secondary filtration with real big cat filter Full Transgo, Alto C-2's, Yukon Grizzly locker,12K milemarker hydraulic winch and custom bumper by me, CM steel flatbed with two custom fueltanks by me, 285/75/16 Nitto Trail Grappler on 16x8 Ultra Rogue Wheels
Old 01-26-2013, 07:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
mrmanners
Supporting Vendor

Welcome to Diesel Place. So this question comes up a lot. For canned tuners (ones setup on a generic truck to work on many different trucks, regardless of upgrades), PPE and Edge are good. For the money though you definitely want to consider EFI Live. This is pure custom tuning setup based on your how truck is configured. Plus with EFI Live you get the option of on the fly changes by using a DSP5 5 position switch. Rotate the switch and you on to your next tune. The only canned tuner that offers this functionality is the Edge Juice with Attitude.

With custom tuning power, performance, shifting and fuel economy are all night and day different over a canned tuner. Best of all its affordable. Most single users go with what is called the Autocal. This is essentially a black box that comes preloaded with your custom tune file on it. It plugs into your ODBII port where you read and save your stock file the write the new tune file to your ECM. The Autocal will also allow you to read/view codes, datalog your truck plus check balance rates and a few other features. Probably one of the most important features is data logging. This allows you to use your laptop and EFI Live software you can download for free to record what your truck is doing. You can then save that file and Email it to your tuner who can review it and help you troubleshoot what is going on with your truck.

So we are offering a special right now on EFI Live tuning. Get an Autocal package which includes the Autocal, DSP5 switch and custom DSP5 tune with lifetime updates. If I can get you some more information or pricing, please don't hesitate to ask.

Take care,

Old 01-27-2013, 10:25 AM   #7 (permalink)
jimmyz18
Diesel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmanners View Post
Welcome to Diesel Place. So this question comes up a lot. For canned tuners (ones setup on a generic truck to work on many different trucks, regardless of upgrades), PPE and Edge are good. For the money though you definitely want to consider EFI Live. This is pure custom tuning setup based on your how truck is configured. Plus with EFI Live you get the option of on the fly changes by using a DSP5 5 position switch. Rotate the switch and you on to your next tune. The only canned tuner that offers this functionality is the Edge Juice with Attitude.

With custom tuning power, performance, shifting and fuel economy are all night and day different over a canned tuner. Best of all its affordable. Most single users go with what is called the Autocal. This is essentially a black box that comes preloaded with your custom tune file on it. It plugs into your ODBII port where you read and save your stock file the write the new tune file to your ECM. The Autocal will also allow you to read/view codes, datalog your truck plus check balance rates and a few other features. Probably one of the most important features is data logging. This allows you to use your laptop and EFI Live software you can download for free to record what your truck is doing. You can then save that file and Email it to your tuner who can review it and help you troubleshoot what is going on with your truck.

So we are offering a special right now on EFI Live tuning. Get an Autocal package which includes the Autocal, DSP5 switch and custom DSP5 tune with lifetime updates. If I can get you some more information or pricing, please don't hesitate to ask.

Take care,
how much is the special? you can pm it to me

2012 2500HD, Crew Cab, 29,000 miles, Cognito Leveling Kit, 305/55/20 Goodyear Wrangler's
Old 01-27-2013, 10:35 AM   #8 (permalink)
mrmanners
Supporting Vendor

PM coming your way.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
Dragonsfireloki
Diesel Technician

As for an off the shelf tuner, the PPE one is very nice. I have been running it in my 06 for a couple years now. Everything is very smooth and it can be upgraded to a lot of power with supporting mods. EFI live is great if you are looking for custom tunes. I don't have much experience with it but it is my next upgrade on my 06. With EFI, its all about the experience of the tuner how well the tuning goes.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:08 AM   #10 (permalink)
mrmanners
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonsfireloki View Post
As for an off the shelf tuner, the PPE one is very nice. I have been running it in my 06 for a couple years now. Everything is very smooth and it can be upgraded to a lot of power with supporting mods. EFI live is great if you are looking for custom tunes. I don't have much experience with it but it is my next upgrade on my 06. With EFI, its all about the experience of the tuner how well the tuning goes.
You're correct; PPE is a good off the shelf unit and EFI Live in the wrong hands can be a problem. Hence the reason I use Kory Willis of Power Performance Enterprises (Bluessmax here on DP) in LA for all my tuning. I would put his knowledge and experience with EFI Live up against anyone.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.