Banks Six Gun Thermocouple Question - Page 2 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (0) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Power, Performance & Tuning > First Generation Duramax Electronics/Tuners
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2008, 02:23 AM   #11 (permalink)
Slyder
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

So it turns out the part number on my Six Gun is actually 62967. The other part number (62957) is what was printed on the box, but I found 62967 printed on the unit itself. Can you tell me the difference between these two part numbers?
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2008, 10:01 AM   #12 (permalink)
JBarker-BanksPower
Diesel Master

Badger State Diesel Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
So it turns out the part number on my Six Gun is actually 62967. The other part number (62957) is what was printed on the box, but I found 62967 printed on the unit itself. Can you tell me the difference between these two part numbers?
That's the PN# for the unit itself. It's the old version. The newest version would have mounted under the hood rather then under the dash.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
Scotty Seelen
Diesel Master

Just an FYI, I bought one of the 1st Six-Gun's that were available. The part number was 62956. When the "racebox" update was available, I sent it back and the new part number was changed to 62967. It's still performing flawlessly.
Black 2001 GMC SLT 2500HD 4x4 Duramax ec/sb, all options, AR chrome Python wheels w/Michelin LTX AT tires, hard bed cover, Bedrug bedliner, CRL power sliding rear window, Elegante black projector headlights, black tailight covers, carbon fiber signal covers, dark window tint, molded mudflaps, Lloyd's floormats, Banks Six-Gun w/Speedloader, Banks Monster exhaust, Banks Dynafact boost & egt gauges, Banks Ram-Air intake system.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:06 PM   #14 (permalink)
Fishfreq
Diesel Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Fishfreq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
...noticed differences in the power delivery versus the Edge. It seems to me like the increased power does not feel as linear as it was with the Edge. The power seems to come in suddenly at some throttle setting beyond 50% throttle. I would relate it to the feeling you get from a two-stroke motorcycle engine when it gets "on the pipe." ....
I had the old 6 Gun on my LB7 and I sold it and got the new one. Big improvement.

Here's where the 6 Gun with the PDA makes a nice difference: A friend said the Edge Juice has better low-end torque. I noticed a lot of black smoke at launch with his truck. Banks 'clean tune' settings are designed NOT to smoke, but you can override them with the PDA. I went into my 6 Gun tuning in the PDA and found I could boost my 'injector pump' settings from stock (100%) to as high as 200% for more low-end hit! Sure enough, better off-the-line-performance, but lots of black smoke like the Edge Juice. Since I hate filling my cab with smoke every time I come to a stop, I only boost injector settings for 'spirited driving' or smoking someone out behind me. It's kinda like EFI Live, except you can change it on the fly, without a laptop. Works for me! Count me as a happy user.

BTW, get the thermocouple, because the SpeedLoader setting won't work without it. It's needed to monitor EGT's and it lets you know when you exceed your preferred temp threshold. Plus you have tons of gauge options to display on the PDA. Good stuff! Not as complicated as EFI Live either.
'02 Chevy 2500HD, MORPHED to a '05 GMC Sierra, LB7 Duramax, Allison, 6+" lift. 20" Chrome RBP 901's, 35" Toyo MT's, Banks Monster Exhaust, cat fell off ! Banks Six Gun with PDA-Speed Loader, ATS Allison Co-Pilot, Banks Ram-Air Intake, Banks Big Head wastegate valve, Amsoil Synthetic diesel oil and dual bypass filtration system. Oh, yea, Cognito Pitman-Idler arm support. AutoPage alarm/remote start/turbo cool down timer-I like that one. Alpine, JL Audio 500/1 amp and 10" woofer, Diamond Audio components, Dynamat sound damping, all kinds of exterior stuff, Bushwhackers, chr door handles, etc...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.