Diesel Place banner

can i install my dsp5 before i tune

Question: 
5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  jbullseye300 
#1 ·
just got my exhaust and autocal with dsp5. I am planning to install the exhaust this weekend and tune it. can I install my dsp5 before this weekend or will plugging in the pins with a stock tune hurt anything or set codes?

#2 ·
I'm surprised that none of the experts arn't chiming in.
I don't/won't use the switch but I would think as long as you don't connect the wires at the switch (making sure they don't make contact) until you load your tunes you might be ok.
But again I'm not familiar with the DSP switch.

#4 ·
I installed mine on my LMM and then a week later I loaded my tunes on them...I agree no issues.

#6 ·
another question I couldn't get an answer to is, I got the atp autocal that has stock and egr/dpf deleted tunes, I am deleting dpf but haven't got to the egr yet. can I load the egr/dpf delete tune with the egr still intact. I contacted atp and the sales guy that emailed me back says it will not work but I would assume programming it off and unplugging it will keep it closed until boost pushes it open if high enough. any info would help thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.