Diesel Place banner

Edge CTS Race and EGR On Stock Truck

10K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  svtorange 
#1 ·
Hey.Will the Edge CTS Race disable the EGR while maintaining DPF.Stock tune?Thanks for any info on this.

#5 · (Edited)
I still have a couple race version edge units in stock if needed. You could delete the dpf and egr system and run a stock power level tune with the Edge units. However, you will have to delete both the egr and dpf or just the dpf system. Can't do just the EGR system and run with the dpf intact as far as I know. I personally haven't tried this but am pretty sure that is the case. If you disabling the EGR system, you might as well delete the DPF system as well. No fingerstick is available for the LMMs either as stated.

#8 ·
You could delete the dpf and egr system and run a stock power level tune with the Edge units.
I have an Edge Evo CS Race. I would love to be able to run the stock tune and do a dpf delete. Could you explain to me how this is done please?

I won't say it isn't possible, but Edge's instructions certainly don't indicate any way of doing it. According to the instructions, you either run a tune or you run stock. The dpf delete is an option that you input when you setup a tune to run.

Thanks for your feedback.

#9 ·
hey Tanc Crusher, do you know when exactly and why exactly edge stopped making the evo race. i just bought the evo cts race and 5 inch exhaust for my truck and installed it 2 weeks ago. i just wanna make sure i didnt make the wrong decision

#10 ·
The reason on their webiste is that they have come to the conclusion that those using the race tuner to defeat the emission items are drivng them on the road where they clearly state for off road use only. So I believe they stopped before maybe something law suit wise happens. There are still some out there but they no longer will produce the Race version ones. There is a more detail reason over on Edge site to read.

Brian

#11 ·
ok well that sounds like a good reason for them to stop producing it, because i bet 95% if not more of guys running that tuner are running it on the road. So yeah better to not mess with the EPA. Thanx for feed back man

#14 ·
So you cant do the DPF delete with a standard Edge CS? It has to be a Race version?

#15 ·
Correct

#16 ·
You can't delete the EGR with the Edge Evo Cts Race without throwing codes. Unless there has been a recent update I am not aware of.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.