Diesel Place banner

PPE De-Fueled when set not to wtf?

2K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  LWATSON 
#1 ·
went out to a pull last night and both my hooks the truck de-fueled like a ***** so i got out the ppe and double checked..says De-fuel is off but yet it did any ideas why? stupid thing kept me from placing atleast one or two spots better

#7 ·
Not 100% sure (it's been a while) but doesn't the option say "no de-fuel" ? If it did the off setting would be turning the de-fuel back on. Default on the tuner is for no de-fuel.

#8 ·
when i first got the tuner when it goes through the BS of options and what not right before you load the tune it tells you what you're doing like rpm increased yes
speed limiter inreased yes
defuel yes

so i switched defeuel to no...that should be right?

#11 ·
The option default should read: No De-fuel= yes . You should be able to tell just by driving it hard. I'd at least change it and take it for a spin.

#13 ·
went out and retuned mine last night, and there r 4 custom changes all have yes on them...defueling - yes is one of them. Sure u and i have the same one, so have to change manually if you have not got figured out yet. Never have set mine to not lay down in between the shifts myself.

#14 ·
750????..........Bring it to James, he will tune it lot cheaper.

#15 ·
i know he can i just figure if i pay that i can check codes if i want to or if for some reason somethin goes haywire i can just check it out rather than go all the way to westport to have him just fix a trouble code...when i have him do the trans i wanna get him to tune it up

#16 ·
I see. It would be nice to have the ability to change it when you want. He moved to his own shop in Bristol I'll have to bring you over and check it out, he has the dyno all set up too.

#18 ·
Let me know when I'm always there.

#19 ·
No defuel is already in level 3-7 on the ET modles. If you load the tune and dont change anything your truck will not defuel. If you try to manually change it, it will defuel. I hope this makes since. Dan told me to set my truck back to stock and reload the program without any changes and It will not defuel. This is very confusing, they need to send a guide with the ET programers to un complicate this feature.

#21 ·
all fixed...finally drove it for the first time with no de-fuel...HOLY! did a couple blasts on level 5...broke the 33's loose whacking it at around 15-20mph first time its ever done that! now i REALLY know i need a tranny...tough desicion comin up...sell my half built 496 stroker i'm building...or just try and baby it for another year...i could buy the Suncoast kit myself and try and install it and save $1,500 but i dunno...

#22 ·
You've made a mistake, now your never want to run with de-fuel again, bye bye tranny and 496:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.