PPE Xcelerator.....take care of DPF delete - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (0) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Power, Performance & Tuning > Fourth Generation Duramax Electronics/Tuners
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2008, 04:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
RXDawg
Diesel Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

PPE Xcelerator.....take care of DPF delete

I have a PPE Xcelerator. Will I have to buy a custom tune if I delete the DPF?
08 2500HD LTZ CC Chevrolet Duramax Diesel 4" Rancho Suspension Lift 20X10 Dale Earnhardt JR Cannon 35X12.50 Toyo Muds PPE Race Xcelerator Level III SNB intake 4" Silverline exhaust with muffler No CAT or DPF
"It's my drugstore delivery vehicle"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2008, 04:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
jpat209

Depending on what PPE model you have you might have to upgrade it to block the codes it will throw from removing the DPF. Check out PPE's website. On the left side of the homepage there is a upgrade link. To block the codes you will need to upgrade your programmer to any of the ones that say RACE in the title.

Last edited by jpat209; 03-04-2008 at 04:28 PM.

Old 03-04-2008, 04:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
1lowdiesel
Diesel Master

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 1lowdiesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXDawg View Post
I have a PPE Xcelerator. Will I have to buy a custom tune if I delete the DPF?
yea you will have to have it upgraded to a HOT+2 race. it's a pretty penny though. i think it's the price diff between the two is what you pay.

imo you can get a programmer that'll do it for free, for the amount you will pay for the upgrade.
05 LLY 4" Volant front pipe to single 6" Black Stack, Home built GT3788r over s475, up pipes and pedistal, AirDog II, AEM Filter, custom 4link air ride suspension, DJM upper and lower control arms, Mcgaughys spindles, Raceline CR2s

Last edited by 1lowdiesel; 03-04-2008 at 04:37 PM.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
mcreech
Diesel Technician

i didnt think you had to get the Hot+2 race, i thought that you could go with the Hot race and take care of the dpf delete, i think its about $300
305/55R20 Nitto Dune Grappler's
PPE Air Box Mod
PPE Hot Race. Thanks Dan@PPE.
4" MBRP Turbo-back, muffler delete. Thanks DSTRBD
2 10" KickerCompVr Subs Kicker KX1200.1 Amp
Hornblasters Shocker S4 Train Horns w/ 5 gal tank
Old 03-04-2008, 10:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Dan@PPE
Diesel Master

SoCal Diesel Trucks Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpat209 View Post
Depending on what PPE model you have you might have to upgrade it to block the codes it will throw from removing the DPF. Check out PPE's website. On the left side of the homepage there is a upgrade link. To block the codes you will need to upgrade your programmer to any of the ones that say RACE in the title.
Correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcreech View Post
i didnt think you had to get the Hot+2 race, i thought that you could go with the Hot race and take care of the dpf delete, i think its about $300
Correct.

Thanks for the help guys!

Last edited by Dan@PPE; 03-04-2008 at 10:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread