Going Stack? - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (0) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Power, Performance & Tuning > Other Performance Discussion
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2012, 06:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
trojandiesel
Diesel Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Going Stack?

I already have a 4" turbo back mbrp exhaust system,but considering going to a in bed 6" or 7" mitter cut stack. Anyone ever went this route and if so what are the pros and the cons of this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 02:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
ARMY05LLY
Diesel Enthusiast

Armed Forces Club Member

I have a single in to 2 through bed stacks. I like the way it looks and sounds. Its a single hole in the bed, a T pipe, and out and up to the stacks. They are chrome angle cut stacks. I have a 1/2 inch hole cut in the the pipe at the elbow to turn up to the bed for water drainage. Also the whole system has a slight down ward grade; the front most part is slightly higher than the elbow, to keep water out. I've never had an issue with water sitting in, or filling my pipe. The only issue I've had is blowing black, watery soot crap all ove my freshly cleaned white truck after she gets a bath.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Bartman432
Diesel Master

Had a 6" MBRP single stack and went back to a 5" regular system. It looked and sounded cool, but in the end the noise got annoying and blowing black soot all over your truck and trailer really sucked. Don't miss it at all. Think long and hard before cutting a hole in your truck. If you tow anything or live in a rainy climate, I would say don't do it. Too big of a mess.
Motor Mods: PPE Hot+2 tuner, PPE ported fuel rail fitting, Banks air intake/filter & super scoop, Banks boost tube, Air Dog II 165 LP, EGR blocked, 5" Flo-Pro DPF back exhaust, PPE Centrifuge, Superflow Dyno @ Westech Performance Group (522hp & 956lbs. torque Hot+2 Race) with DPF & CAT 506hp & 925lbs.torque (Smog Legal once again)
Trans: Stage 3 built by Mike L. (Inglewood Transmissions), with Suncoast 1057 TC, PPE pan, Upgraded trans lines.
Rearend: Re-Geared with 4:10 and Chrysler posi unit, Mag-Hytec cover, Firestone airbags.
Tires & Wheels: 2012 GMC factory 18" with Michelin 265/70R18 LTX A/T 2 with 1.5" adapters by Motor City Bolt On
Interior: PPE EGT, Boost and Fuel rail pressure guages, Pioneer DVD HU, Components, Pioneer 10" TS-SWX251 flat sub, (2) Alpine amps.1988-1992 USMC, 3RD AABN, Desert Storm/Shield Vet
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2013, 01:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
hogan8r
Diesel Technician

Cummins like to stack

Once you get past cutting the hole in the bed, you have to deal with the noise. I personally liked it on the cummins, but when I would get home from work I would ask my wife if my truck was still running after I had been home for 2 hours. It's quite the rumble.
- Sumitomo 255/70R22.5's, Banks Six Gun, Banks Ram Air, Banks Dynafact gauges, HTT S366, LML exhaust manifold, 3.5" DP to 4" single outlet, blue LED dash, blue LED interior lights, leveled up front. Rear air ride coming soon.
Brutus - 84 Chevy Reg Cab LB DRW 4x4 1st Gen 5.9l Cummins GM NV4500 19.5 direct bolt on's
-6x18 sticks, s300 64/74/14, ARP Studs, Denny T stage II, 4k gsk, 4" turbo back w/exhaust brake, marine HG, 3rd gen exhaust manifold, big exhaust port and polish, high pressure piston pump, regulated to 22psi w/aeromotive, WG starts to open at 57psi, power screw 1/2 turn from runaway, smoke screw conservative, KDP killed, 60lb pacbrake valve springs, South Bend double disc, full 3" intake from turbo to intercooler to engine, h2o/meth at 50/50, propane injection, 200 shot nitro....Sold
Special thanks: Scott @ S and S Diesel www.sandsdiesel.com
"Well my rig's a little old, but that don't mean she's slow. There's a flame from her stack, and the smoke's rolling black as coal, yeah!"
Stay heavy on the loud pedal.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
boothybunch
Resident Gynecologist....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogan8r View Post
Cummins like to stack

Once you get past cutting the hole in the bed, you have to deal with the noise. I personally liked it on the cummins, but when I would get home from work I would ask my wife if my truck was still running after I had been home for 2 hours. It's quite the rumble.
PARDON ...........................................

WHY ARE YOU YELLIN????
Banks power big hoss kit with power pda, MBRP cat-delete front pipe, BD full bore manifold + Thermocouple, kennedy diesel EGR blocker, Diamondback bed cover, Line-X bed liner, Southwest fabricators front bumper, Fab-tech HD tie rods, UK modified towing hitch, Airdog II 165 installed with swagelok stainless fittings & lines, Biodiesel Blending, PCV reroute with allseason AN pcv fittings. D2R/denso hid installed with relay bypassed headlights. Transgo Jr and Transynd. Braided PTFE hydroboost/steering lines
Member #23 of the OIL is OIL association

July 2013 Truck of the month winner

Old 02-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
hogan8r
Diesel Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by boothybunch View Post
PARDON ...........................................

WHY ARE YOU YELLIN????
Oh yeah. She'd always gave me a look. I'd have to explain I don't mean to yell.
I will not put a stack in the duramax though. I take to many trips in it.
- Sumitomo 255/70R22.5's, Banks Six Gun, Banks Ram Air, Banks Dynafact gauges, HTT S366, LML exhaust manifold, 3.5" DP to 4" single outlet, blue LED dash, blue LED interior lights, leveled up front. Rear air ride coming soon.
Brutus - 84 Chevy Reg Cab LB DRW 4x4 1st Gen 5.9l Cummins GM NV4500 19.5 direct bolt on's
-6x18 sticks, s300 64/74/14, ARP Studs, Denny T stage II, 4k gsk, 4" turbo back w/exhaust brake, marine HG, 3rd gen exhaust manifold, big exhaust port and polish, high pressure piston pump, regulated to 22psi w/aeromotive, WG starts to open at 57psi, power screw 1/2 turn from runaway, smoke screw conservative, KDP killed, 60lb pacbrake valve springs, South Bend double disc, full 3" intake from turbo to intercooler to engine, h2o/meth at 50/50, propane injection, 200 shot nitro....Sold
Special thanks: Scott @ S and S Diesel www.sandsdiesel.com
"Well my rig's a little old, but that don't mean she's slow. There's a flame from her stack, and the smoke's rolling black as coal, yeah!"
Stay heavy on the loud pedal.

Last edited by hogan8r; 02-06-2013 at 03:39 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
cowboydann
Diesel Head

knew a guy who put a stack on . after he towed his 5er fir the first time had black smoke stains all over the front of his pretty white camper
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.