Duramax App - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (0) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Power, Performance & Tuning > Tuning Software
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-29-2012, 06:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
sydscrew
Diesel Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Ontario Diesel Place Chapter Member

Duramax App

I don't have a smart phone, but I do have a Toshiba Tablet. I was looking at the Android App store in the lifestyle section and came across an Application for the GMC Duramax that allows you to look up the Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) for the GMC Duramax 6.6L Diesel trucks. This is the link for Android phones/tablets:

https://market.android.com/search?q=gmc+duramax&c=apps

It is also available at the GM Canada Truck Owners site here:

http://www.gm.ca/gm/english/owner_ce.../home/overview

GM lists if for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry. I haven't seen any trouble codes yet on my truck, but this will come in handy if I ever do. They also have other apps on the GM site for GMC trucks, Chevrolet trucks, and one also for OnStar. And a great one for GasBuddy.
Retrax Tonneau Cover
TracRac Rack System
Front Class III Trailer Hitch
Line-X
196 Litre Titan Tank
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2012, 05:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
sydscrew
Diesel Fanatic

Sorry, it looks like it is only available for Android and iPhone. It is also available at this site:

http://www.pcworld.com/appguide/app.html?id=732107&expand=false
Retrax Tonneau Cover
TracRac Rack System
Line-X
196 Litre Titan Tank
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2012, 07:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
mdrduramax
Diesel Technician

I have that app on my android phone. It does come in handy to check a quick code. Easy to figure out if its a big problem or not.
EFI Live with DSP5 custom tuning, PPE Stage V Trans Kit, Garret 4094R Turbo, PPE Up Pipes an Manifold, Head Studs, PPE Center link & Tie rods, Air Dog 150, 5" MBRP Straight Pipe w/ 6" RBP Tip, PPE Shim Kit an Fuel Rail Fitting, Autometer Cobalt Gauges, Banks Intake, Labonte Water/Meth Injection, 20" Novakane 8's, Caltracs Traction Bars, Bushwacker Cut-out Fender Flares, grizzly locker

Old 03-03-2012, 11:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
knaffie
Diesel Master

Michigan Oil Burners Member

Definitely not "tuning software" (the forum you listed it under), but yes, the app does work fine to look up DTC.
06 CCSB LBZ 4x4 LT3; torsion key lift (leveled); 265/75-16 Pro Comp A/T on OEM wheels (winter), BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain 275/70-18 on XD Diesel 18x9 (summer); MBRP 4" turbo back with Corsa muffler; EGR blocked; Edge Insight CTS gauges; EFI Live DSP2 by Idaho Rob - 80HP DD and 40HP tow with turbo brake (love it!); Rancho 9000XL shocks; updated rear cab mounts; Transgo Jr.; Merchant Automotive tie rod sleeves; everything synthetic; Access Tonneau hiding Line-X; tinted windows 5% all around; Tekonsha P3 brake controller; HIR bulbs, more to come soon......
Old 03-03-2012, 11:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
twolf31
Diesel Enthusiast

Is that a free app?
Old 03-04-2012, 01:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
sydscrew
Diesel Fanatic

Yes, the app is FREE. My favourite kind!
Retrax Tonneau Cover
TracRac Rack System
Line-X
196 Litre Titan Tank
Old 03-08-2012, 01:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
CRASHNBURN
Diesel Master

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

TN Diesel Place Club Member

Going to look that app up. Thanks.
2006 LBZ Duramax 4x4 CC SB 2500HD SRW 4x4 Blocked & Fingered, Fumoto valve, Keystone Ram Air Good Hood, Banks Ram Air System with Super Scoop, Banks Monster Dual Exhaust with Cat & Muffler delete pipes, Edge insight, Access cover & Rhino over the rails, 33'-0" Dutchman fifthwheel, Tekonsha Prodigy Brake Controller.

(Special thanks to Edge Products -Aaron Stewart & Rob Story.... Peter Treydte & Jeff Barker from Banks Power, Keith from Hptuners)

Used Tuners
CTS Race with backup camera, Edge Juice, Edge Evolution & Edge Evolution Race all with hot codes. Banks sixgun & Ottomind. HPTuners Pro version.

Thank you to all the troops out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.