Diesel Place banner

Please bare with me

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  lakingslayer 
#1 ·
Ok. I checked through some of the tutorials but am still somewhat lost. How do I record my stock tune so that I can email it to someone for modifying? I just started playing with this thing this afternoon and although I cant do anything with it yet I can just feel how awsome it is. If someone can explain how to do this for me, or even point me in the right direction so I can do it myself, I would appreciate it. Please bare with me, my mother dropped me when I was young.
thanks
Jake

#2 ·
did you eat lead paint too?:eek: ):h ....just kiddin';)

#4 ·
Hook up the Flashscan cable to the ODBII port and a laptop. Turn the key to the 'ON' position but do not start the truck. Open the EFILive tune program. Hit CTRL+PgUp and you'll get a screen that pops up. You should have a green check mark next to "status". If not hit the "Check Status" button. After you get the green check mark press the "Start" button and sit back. It will load the ECM file into EFI Live. Next you have to save it. Hit CTRL+T and save it. That should be it IIRC.

#7 ·
Great! Easy enough...its late now though. First thing tomorrow morning I will download all of the most recent updates and then make sure my ECM file is saved. thanks a lot guys.

#8 ·
Ive downloaded the most recent updates. It took a whopping 7 hours and 30 minutes. Ive got to move somewhere that I can get DSL. When I tried to run it, I got a message that said that the file is not a valid win32 application. Do I have to move the file or run it as something else?
tia
Jake

#9 ·
Ive downloaded the most recent updates. It took a whopping 7 hours and 30 minutes. Ive got to move somewhere that I can get DSL. When I tried to run it, I got a message that said that the file is not a valid win32 application. Do I have to move the file or run it as something else?
tia
Jake
:confused:

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.