Updating EFI Live and new EPA Regs - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Lounge (0) Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Power, Performance & Tuning > EFILive Tuning Software
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

EFILive Tuning Software Discuss custom tuning & data logging the LB7, LLY, LBZ & LMM Duramax engines as well as the Allison transmission with EFILive software.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 12:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
racerx909
Diesel Technician

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Updating EFI Live and new EPA Regs

Haven't been on here in a while as a result of not owning a diesel anymore, but I did a quick search and did not see this addressed. I still own a "new"(blue) V2 to tune my gas Denali as well as a few other trucks here and there and like to keep my software and firmware updated to the most current version available. I read a post from EFI Live that in light of the new EPA rules of no "off road only" tuning equipment, that newer updates for the US market would remove the ability to remove the ability to disable DPF, DOC, and EGR functionality. Does this mean that I should not update my V2 anymore if I would like to retain these features? Most of my customers/friend's vehicles that I tune want a tune solely for this reason and I would obviously like to keep this option, even if it means losing out on the ability to tune 2010+ Cummins. Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 11:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
THEFERMANATOR
Diesel Sr. Technical Member

Link to where you read this? EFILIVE's last statement on this matter said they are a company based out of New Zealand that deals internationally in many markets where such tuning is required to run on teh available fuel, and were leaving the burden with the end user to abide by the laws that apply to them for there area.
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 12:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
Pat H
Diesel Technician

http://www.efilive.com/index.php?opt...167&Itemid=158 Future updates will not allow US-based software to delete emissions...really sucks and it's gonna take out a lot of their future business.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
catman3126
Diesel Master

http://www.efilive.com/index.php?opt...167&Itemid=158

Anyone else thinking they might make is so we can't buy new licences if we don't update our V2's?
LBZ mouthpiece and custom intake piping, stage 4 built trans, Air dog 165 on demand. Varible MAF control, Danville 2.6 66MM, STG II Billet turbo. Pro Fab manifolds and Up pipes, 3"bridge and intercooler pipes.

1984 CJ7 Powered by a 2000' LS1 5.7L

2008 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic. 96CI. Black.

Last edited by catman3126; 12-11-2012 at 12:54 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
ricko
Diesel Technician

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Read that article last night, pretty bummed. Good thing I have no DPF on my truck, but may have to finger stick the thing now because whoever is more worried about some diesel trucks than the other major problems.
ATP EFIlive, DSP5, Pro Fab downpipe into 4" MBRP straight pipe, All Season Diesel EGR delete,LB7 up pipe, FRPV plug, PCV rerouted,Cognito upper arms, Cognito Traction Bars, Bilstein 5100s, 20" KMC XD Misfits wrapped in 33X12.5R20 Nitto M/T
2005 Chevy 2500HD LLY EC/SB
DuramaxTuner.com EFIlive,DSP5, 4" MBRP straight pipe,3" MBRP downpipe, Suncoast Stage V transmission w/ brace, pump rub fixed, EGR blocked, PCV rerouted, AFE intake w/ mouthpiece, Air Dog II 165, Fabtech lift, custom traction bars, 20" KMC Spys w/ 35" Toyo MTs Autometer Cobalt EGT and Boost gauges, and more...
2007 C5500 CC
330hp LYE, Allison 1000 6spd, 60CA, 4.56, 4" exhaust,dpf/doc deleted, egr blocked, air ride, air cab, Koni Shocks, Tekonsha P3, Daddy Cool refrigerator console, Autometer Cobalt Boost and EGT gauges.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Cranked
Diesel Technician

Ontario Diesel Place Chapter Member

USA only eh, bet that includes us hosers too.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
melon16
Diesel Head

Ontario Diesel Place Chapter Member

good old united states of Canada screwed by the amurican government again!
Old 12-11-2012, 07:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
boothybunch
Resident Gynecologist....

so since I am in the UK, will efi live still offer me the full tune ability that they can't offer the US???
Banks power big hoss kit with power pda, MBRP cat-delete front pipe, BD full bore manifold + Thermocouple, kennedy diesel EGR blocker, Diamondback bed cover, Line-X bed liner, Southwest fabricators front bumper, Fab-tech HD tie rods, UK modified towing hitch, Airdog II 165 installed with swagelok stainless fittings & lines, Biodiesel Blending, PCV reroute with allseason AN pcv fittings. D2R/denso hid installed with relay bypassed headlights. Transgo Jr and Transynd. Braided PTFE hydroboost/steering lines
Member #23 of the OIL is OIL association

July 2013 Truck of the month winner

Old 12-11-2012, 07:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
thee craig
Diesel Master

Location: Evans Mills, Chancellor Cuomo's Republic of New York

CNY Diesel Club Member

Well booth when the time comes, ur gonna have to ship me the uk version.
Tekonsha P3... 15% front tint... dupli-color bed armor with kevlar... all-on mod (best $1.29 ever spent)... HID's 6000k hi and low... fuel filter access door... pcv re-route (www.allseasondieselperformance.com thanks tony)... Mag Hy-tec rear diff cover (thanks 6LCummins [Nick]) stuffed full of RP... Kryptonite UCA's (white) and damn near every Dmaxstore.com front end component, up 2" in the front and 1" in the rear, softened by 5100's... fine lines SS brake lines and russell braided flex lines

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!
MOLON LABE
Old 12-11-2012, 07:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
CNY6.5TD
Diesel Master

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

CNY Diesel Club Member

SO whats that going to mean for closed course racers who want to tune there competition vehicles?

This crap is getting out of hand. The EPA and its standards are doing nothing but making life more expensive for everyone. Its absurd. Let us keep our tuning devices and bring on the sniffer and smoke snap tests. That makes ALOT more sense then toppling entire companies product lines.
ROOtS: 93 2500 4x4 rclb. 5 spd 97-up block with intake off/ IP off the 93, IP turned up, timing advanced slightly, manual waste gate running about 14psi through a gm-8, 3 inch exhaust straight through from the turbo to the 5 inch stacks behind the cab. ........ That old gal has been gone quite a while now and i still miss her :-(

01 GMC 2500hd ecsb Dmax/Alli. 4" exhaust to 5" single stack,EDGE Insight CTS, EFI Ridge Runner DSP5, Suncoast stage IV, Kryptonite center link/tierods, PISK by ME, 305/55/R20 Cooper Zeon's on Rockstars. Eaton E-locker. So cal stage I heads, and a little bit of laughing gas, Flex-a-lite electric fans.

07.5 2500hd LMM, LTZ, CCSB, Some kinda beefy tie rods and PISK, S475 over stock by Extreme Pile Racing (EPR), Freedom Diesel Tranny, 40% over sticks, Air Dog Lift pump.
Online   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.