Diesel Place banner

Free Spin Hub Conversion

5K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  lukeh9886 
#1 ·
Anyone here know of a free spin hub conv. kit for these trucks? I know they make one for Ford and Dodge (they need all the help they can get):eek:..........Any info would be appreciated.

#2 ·
dynatrac makes a kit i think its like $2500

#3 ·
:wtf1:Are you serious? I was looking for fuel savings, but that won't save me SH**!!! Oh well......

#4 ·
i don't think they have anything for the GM trucks just ford and dodge

#7 ·
The short answer...no.

#8 ·
Manual hubs haven't been on a GM vehicle since '87.

#11 · (Edited)
Yes and no. Toyota used locking hubs on IFS trucks. GM could do it but people are lazy and don't want to get out of their trucks to hit 4 wh drive

#12 ·
Yeah, thanks for the info...just wondered. I am curious as to whether the axle still spins even when not engaged.

#13 · (Edited)
Yeah, thanks for the info...just wondered. I am curious as to whether the axle still spins even when not engaged.
I will give you a hint...... Central axle disconnect.

Manual hubs - been there done that. Getting out of the truck, knee deep in snow, mud, or sh!t to lock the hubs vs shift on the fly. I will take shift on the fly any day.

#14 ·
ya but in the winter or when you know there is going to be some ruff terrain ahead it is easy to just leaved them looked

#17 ·
Yeah I think until 92? You could get the 1 tons also. But they all shared the "square body" from the 73-87 style.

Albie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.