Diesel Place banner

05 Kodiak Fuel Gauge Problem

13K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  kakampers 
#1 ·
Just bought an 05' Kodiak two weeks ago. Fuel gauge dropped to empty when we know it's almost half full. If this a software problem? Is there a known fix? PLEASE HELP!!

#3 ·
Happened to my 2004 in Arizona, do you remember. Had dealer reset codes. Happened twice since then but computer reset itself. Just did it on way to South Dakota. Stopped working for about a hundred miles then started working again. BTW, thought you were waiting till Dodge can out with their 4500? Email me with the details. John

#4 ·
If you have an AUX Tank, Fill Up, and start out on the AUX Tank, the System senses that there is no fuel being drawn from the MAIN Tank and shuts off the Gauge.

When I fill up, I run on the MAIN Tank for about 1/4 Tank, then switch to the AUX Tank.

The system works correctly when I do that.

George

#5 ·
You are right, George. My gauge has always failed while reading full running on aux. tank. I also heard refueling while truck is running will cause this problem too. This is why I haven't tried your way but it sounds like it works. But kakamper stated his tank was 1/2 full. He seems to have another problem. John

#7 ·
Thanks guys...don't have an auxilliary tank, however, had the computer read. It coded an MIL code, whatever that is, they reset the computer and it is working fine now. We'll just keep an eye on it, maybe it was a one-time thing. We can only hope.

And yes John, we were gonna wait, however we found out what our ten year old dodge was really worth and decided to trade it now before it was completely worthless. It's a shame all the work you put into these trucks doesn't mean a thing at trade-in time!

#9 ·
I would imagine you could re-set it yourself, since we had ours read and re-set at Advance Auto...give it a try!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.